The Matrix Online Server Emulator

Full Version: Great work, thanks!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Couldn't see an introduction thread or a general "you guys are awesome" thread so making a new one just to say hey and you guys are awesome Tongue Thanks for bringing this back online, haven't played it since the beta test days (was too flat ass broke at the time it came out properly to afford the monthly fee) and the world is just how i remember, minus a few things of course but the groundwork is clear to see. Looking forward to seeing how things progress, keep up the great work!

Thanks to bitbomb too for the nice introductory chat, cool to talk to someone in-game again Big Grin
So, like many others here, I too was a beta tester "back in the day". I continued playing until late 2007 as well.

This game literally destroyed my revision timetable for my GCSEs. I love that. Smile

Anyway, until two weeks ago I NO IDEA that MxO was even shut down... so you can imagine how depressed I was when I thought it was finally time to re-visit 'ole Mara C.

Until I found this project! I just jacked in, and despite the fact it is the very bare bones, nostalgia filled the air! I literally cannot wait to have the game back on it's feet. I'm annoyed that Sony didn't make it F2P, they should've really.

Anyway... great stuff guys. I will never ask for deadlines or whatever, but I will ask one thing.

Please, NEVER GIVE UP ON THIS. I want to be able to help anyway I can. Thanks.
I'm too lazy to link to the thread, but Rajkosto is rebuilding the current code from scratch. He's already figured out how everything works, now he needs to code it.

As for SOE, they couldn't afford to make the game F2P. F2P isn't really free, they charge for microtransactions and items and blah blah blah. To do that sort of thing, you need programmers, and they had no programmers.

So MxO died. It's sad, but that's how it goes sometimes.
Wait... when you say "figured out how everything works" do mean EVERYTHING? Because that is very exciting if so.