The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Old haunts, haunting me. - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Old haunts, haunting me. (/showthread.php?tid=1159)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - Static - 01-03-2013

I have to agree some of the stuff that is being said here.

If you actually want to contribute to this project, do not bug the developers, at least not until you have exhausted all the options yourself. If you want to reverse engineer the client. There is plenty of tools information about it on the web. If you want to play around with the source, it is on the GIT, you can get the basic emu going. If you want to write your own emu, there are plenty of other emulators out there where you can look at the code and figure out how to write mob handlers, auth server, magin server, quests, and everything else.

The information is out there on the internet, if you take time to find it. From my observation, most people get lazy and rather than trying to learn, so instead they make big posts how they want to help, without actually doing any of the ground work. Do your research before asking questions and everyone will be happy.

Someone once said to me, learn how to "ask the right questions". Don't ask "How to make emu?", do some research, experiment with writing emulator yourself and when you have exhausted all the options, ask questions like "i have updated the emu code to handle mission rpc, but sometimes the client does not respond, any ideas?".

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - QuiDormit - 02-03-2013

Static, you nailed it.

Just look at any thread where a dev asked for help, and you'll see LOTS of people offering help (even on the simplest of stuff) and never following through.

I'm in this boat right now, I have things I've been trying to do but RL has just taken over.

Everyone wants to help until it comes down to breaking up their regular to-do.

EDIT: I accidentally a person.

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - Neopill - 05-03-2013

The intent of this thread that I started was reminisce and matriculated memories that basically keep a hardcore veteran like me going.

But I am so totally encouraged though by the responses to this. Our community has always been epically above the norm you would find in any other MMO.

I would hope that certain entities realize this fact, and take it to heart.

We are all caught in the Rabbit Hole, and it IS BY CHOICE.

PILL

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - Staticzero - 05-03-2013

(05-03-2013, 06:12 AM)Neopill Wrote: The intent of this thread that I started was reminisce and matriculated memories that basically keep a hardcore veteran like me going.

But I am so totally encouraged though by the responses to this. Our community has always been epically above the norm you would find in any other MMO.

I would hope that certain entities realize this fact, and take it to heart.

We are all caught in the Rabbit Hole, and it IS BY CHOICE.

PILL
Agreed Pill.
The community was what made this game a success for those of us that stuck through it. The people met reminded me a lot of the people I knew once in UO when It first came out . Made the game worth playing

As for the old haunts, Aside from the typical Tabor/Mara hardlines.. There was this bar near one of the Mara Hardlines (not sure which) that consequence used to vanish off too when we where feeling anti social . Then of course some places in international. I remember a fight club still events Also near the end of my time in MXO we were mostly in the constructs farming for gear.

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - QuiDormit - 05-03-2013

Certain entities? Dude, be upfront and say what you want to say. Don't pussyfoot around, don't play games. Your words can be (and may be) misinterpreted when you say stuff like this. If you have something to say, say it.

As for MxO's community, were you on the same DN1 that I was on? It was constant drama, shit talking, and trolling. When it came to story line, everyone bitched that this or that wasn't the way they wanted it.

When the community was able to unite, it was good, though.

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - Sixxth - 05-03-2013

(05-03-2013, 03:42 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: As for MxO's community, were you on the same DN1 that I was on? It was constant drama, shit talking, and trolling. When it came to story line, everyone bitched that this or that wasn't the way they wanted it.

When the community was able to unite, it was good, though.

I was thinking exactly this. I pretty much stopped posting early on because - while the forum community had its moments of excellence - mostly it was name calling, bitching about the game mechanics, bitching about who favors who and what server for live events, how many noobs you ganked, "J0Kerz for l1fe B1tch3s" , the ever-popular SOE bashing etc etc....

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - Neopill - 06-03-2013

Community isn't just a forum. DN1 was a mess that much I will agree Sixxth, but I was referring to people in the simulation and day to day interactions pvp/rp/whatthefuckever inside the World.

Bitch on.

And Qui, I got rather explicit and direct in the first page of this thread, ask Gerik and Rajkosto. But decided that I was going to refrain and deleted the comments because I do not believe they were helping matters and I misinterpreted something our dear DEV said. Still I think hes a dick and treats people like shit here , but oh well.

And FYI.

Neopill was probably one of the MOST controversial/attacked/loved/hated RSI's (forums and simulation) in the whole game, across all servers, post CR 1.0.

Not being a DEV or a MOD and your inbox going from 0 to thousand+, left me staggered <----pun intended. (you know, combat state?),(for the tards).

STILL HERE BITCHES!

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - Staticzero - 06-03-2013

Neopill was probably one of the MOST controversial/attacked/loved/hated RSI's (forums and simulation) in the whole game, across all servers, post CR 1.0.

Not being a DEV or a MOD and your inbox going from 0 to thousand+, left me staggered <----pun intended. (you know, combat state?),(for the tards).

STILL HERE BITCHES!
[/quote]

didn't all that start with screen shot of the message from Neo??

Although Yeah.. I have to give you the most attacked. Between you and and a few people I can't remember anymore.

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - rajkosto - 06-03-2013

Oh I know you, you're Sardo Numpsey !

I'm actually glad I didn't mxo enough to be involved in any such DN1 (or ingame) nonsense, as I don't have to "recognize" you.

RE: Old haunts, haunting me. - Gerik - 07-03-2013

I have no idea who this man is, my name is Rusty Shackleford.