The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) (/showthread.php?tid=1182)

Pages: 1 2 3

Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Jay Demedrian - 11-04-2013

Release date: Before April 20
Download Link(ZIP): N/A

YouTube Video 01:
http://youtu.be/p5cJ50aA9q0

YouTube Video 02:
http://youtu.be/HQ39Xy0_dAg

[Image: eflc2013040900145567.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900151204.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900155764.th.jpg]

[Image: eflc2013040900181945.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900191018.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900191835.th.jpg]

[Image: eflc2013040900232924.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900234004.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900240987.th.jpg]

[Image: eflc2013040900255306.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900271227.th.jpg]

[Image: eflc2013040900274325.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900303785.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900392177.th.jpg]

[Image: eflc2013040900392381.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900400461.th.jpg] - [Image: eflc2013040900410839.th.jpg]

[Image: eflc2013040900421866.th.jpg]

Some of my thumbnails aren't working here apparently. To answer a lot of questions I've been getting...
1. Yes I ripped these models and textures from The Matrix Online and made them compatible with GTAIV. (GTAIV: IDE, IPL/WPL, WDR, WBN, IMG...) The entire extraction was a mess and I had to attach a lot of mesh together to get solid objects and appropriate collision.
2. The mod is only a small section of Mara Central, not the entire city.
3. Still debating on entire city conversion.
4. No interiors, wait for V2.0
5. I will release Version 1.5 when I feel it's ready, there's some things I want to adjust and add. I have one tester helping me via multiplayer to diagnose some bugs.

Version 1.5 (As of right now 04.10.13)
Models: 46; Model Instances: 240
+If you can imagine a square block behind the church dragging out to club Polyvinyl to the hardline, that is all so far.
+Few benches, the hardline, hypercube monument, it's all fun.
+Modified the road in the one corner into a "race track" since it was a stubby road going to absolutely nowhere just like the one next to the hardline, I plan to connect the two around the island as a race track but it's just an idea right now.
+Mara Central is at the end of the airport as seen Video 02. I placed it here because there were sync-ing issues in multiplayer when it was way out in the ocean.
+Everything is scaled to size.
+I will include a readme.txt for installation instructions.

Version 2.0 (No ETA yet, haven't started.)
+Lights- Lighted windows at night, light poles, club, interiors... cuz Mara C is just plain creepy at night with no lights or peds walking around.
+PED Paths- People walking around (may do this before I officially release V1.5)
+A way to get on top of the racetrack without teleporting... I would obviously remove my own modifications to Mara if I started a full conversion project
+Interiors- Mara Church full with non-textured/checkered holy water bowl, Polyvinyl
+Fix collision data under "race track" causing bike to occasionally get stuck under safety bar and falling into the water
+Fix stretched uv texture on "race track" pillars going into the water
+Fix procedural materials

Version ?.? (No ETA and only ideas at the moment, subject to change!)
+Uriah- Just the docks area, including long ass bridge that goes to fucking nowhere
+Construct- Dunno which one yet, Datamine is pretty. Personally, I feel Zero-One to be repetitive but could prove to be awesome stunt grounds if ramps were placed well.

If I started full conversion, plans would change and I'd probably consider each version release as a different district of the Mega City and the game would only be playable through GTA multiplayer as I'd be replacing Liberty. Originally my plan was to convert high populated areas from MMOs to GTAIV and I may still run with the idea instead of full conversion. My love for MxO made me start here.

-J.Demedrian

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Staticzero - 11-04-2013

Nice work . ..

Something like this makes me wonder .. Having the massive limited knowledge of other game engines coding etc..

Though. Technically Couldn't rip the textures / animations inside and out .. of MXO then import/code/jam them into a friendlier Engine that was easier to handle code wise to For animations and combat missions etc. ?

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - bitbomb - 11-04-2013

That's pretty cool man, very faithful to the original and finally we can motorcycle/helicopter around Mara! Haha

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - rajkosto - 11-04-2013

(11-04-2013, 12:58 PM)Staticzero Wrote: Nice work . ..

Something like this makes me wonder .. Having the massive limited knowledge of other game engines coding etc..

Though. Technically Couldn't rip the textures / animations inside and out .. of MXO then import/code/jam them into a friendlier Engine that was easier to handle code wise to For animations and combat missions etc. ?

You can't. It's too Massive. This guy had to do a bunch of manual assemblage to get this going. And exteriors in mxo are pretty simple compared to it's interiors.

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Aquilae - 12-04-2013

Awesome work!

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - QuiDormit - 12-04-2013

Cool shit, bro.

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Jay Demedrian - 12-04-2013

Thanks guys! So I looked into PED paths today and it's a mass of crap I don't fully understand and can cause instabilities if I fuck it up so I'm hanging that option up indefinitely.

Custom animations are possible in GTAIV, only thing is I would need animations extracted from MxO in a format readable by 3ds max. Either that or I create my own close enough to Matrix Online's and I have no intentions of doing that. Takes forever creating animations with skeletal systems and I don't have motion tracking equipment lol.

I was thinking today there is a way that I should be able to import large portions of the Mega City in at a time but that procedure to me is sloppy work. I would be importing large part of the city as one mesh into my modeling program, subdividing(by using a script based on poly counts) the mesh into objects and creating collision(poly limitations) from those objects. I'm gonna try it but don't like the idea because the buildings wouldn't be their own respective mesh, trees, benches, etc... the thing is, video game designers will add a model to the game and multiply that instance so the game isn't such a large amount of data on one's HD and there isn't a lot of data being loaded at one time since it's projecting one instance over and over. Trees, road signs, bridges, hardlines would be good examples. I'm OCD about this stuff. In any case, I can try this method and possibly "clean" it up later if things work well.

Vizi and I ran through Mara today looking for crap that needs fixed, there are minor issues that need ironing. Version 1.5 should be ready to rock soon. Smile

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Skyscream - 12-04-2013

Ya know what?

Every time I was chilling on top of Mara Church, and watching the PvP, all I could think was...

"I need a fucking rocket launcher."

Nice to see you achieved my dream Jay.
Big Grin

That is seriously cool.

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - rajkosto - 12-04-2013

Also, since your only way is to 3dripper it, buildings in the distance will be imported with a low LOD, so you would have to delete those and re-do them again
Glad to hear that you arent just trisouping it though, but properly instancing identical meshes and such
For animations, i have no clue where to even start on making an exporter for those, but i already have exporters for internal prefab BSPs and interior/exterior navmeshes (because that's what i need for the server to work), i could research more and have it export a trisoup for each iprf/eprf and then give you instancing data of those per sector, but... eh. there's no other use for that other than this (which reduces people's interest in playing actual mxo), or making a map viewer.

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Jay Demedrian - 13-04-2013

Thanks guys for the comments!

raj: With a modified useropts and options.cfg, LOD buildings are nearly non existent and buildings fully detailed as far as the eye can see. I appreciate the idea of a multiple instance tool but I don't mind doing things the hard way and I'm sure you got a lot on your plate already.