The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) (/showthread.php?tid=1182)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - MajTom - 13-04-2013

thank you for trying..maybe a list of what others could do and break up the work that way?
I dont know sounds like a lot of stuff but it has a great reward

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Broker - 14-04-2013

Sweet.

About a year and a half ago I had Eshean Projects recreated in Unity. Just the buildings, roads, trees, and land, no props like lights, power lines, trash, etc., but I was able to run around in it (first person perspective). I used 3dRipperDX and Blender. I used Blender because I've been using it for several years and have zero experience with 3DS Max. It took a long time just to get Eshean done, there's no way I could have done the rest of Richland, let alone the other districts but I was only doing it as a hobby. Like you said, many buildings are in several pieces and I've never been able to get the capture perfect, there's always some tweaking to the model to be done. I picked Eshean because many of the buildings are used repeatedly, and it's pretty much on one level, no stairs or ramps.
Then my hard drive crashed and I lost it and all of my MxO stuff. Recently I started up again in Blender. I have a few buildings in Eshean, and the road pieces done, but my time is severely limited with my return to college.

Anyway, keep up the great work. It looks great.

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Staticzero - 15-04-2013

(12-04-2013, 11:14 PM)rajkosto Wrote: For animations, i have no clue where to even start on making an exporter for those, but i already have exporters for internal prefab BSPs and interior/exterior navmeshes (because that's what i need for the server to work), i could research more and have it export a trisoup for each iprf/eprf and then give you instancing data of those per sector, but... eh. there's no other use for that other than this (which reduces people's interest in playing actual mxo), or making a map viewer.

- that pretty much explained what answer was looking for Thanks for the follow up..

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Jay Demedrian - 19-04-2013

Mod has finally been approved. The staff at GTAGarage/GTAF are really fucking slow at "approving" things. I could have found an alternate host but I can keep track of statistics this way plus it's free file hosting so I'll continue being appreciative.

DOWNLOAD: http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=23676
(GTAIV or EFLC)

If anyone wants my 3d files for Mara, hit me up.

Would love some feedback.

[LIVE Username: JayDemedrian]
-J

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Aquilae - 22-04-2013

Finally got the seat back.

[Image: 1SoBByv.jpg?1]

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Jay Demedrian - 27-04-2013

(22-04-2013, 06:31 AM)Aquilae Wrote: Finally got the seat back.

[Image: 1SoBByv.jpg?1]

@Aquilae- Nicely done!

The Hampton Drift!
http://youtu.be/p21T-OCbHGw

[Image: topviewt.jpg]

I want to add some random monuments and other memorable items to the map from MxO. I find it's fun base jumping and then trying to land inside one of the construction pillars without deploying a chute. I gotta raise the water though so I quit dieing every time and will be more enjoyable lol. Club Hel roof top for "King of the Hill" as it has a nice flat surface and a couple barriers in each corner. This map is quite large compared to the little Mara I converted.

Lots of fixes yet: Missing doors, missing walls, faulty collision, flipped normals...

THIS MAP IS MODIFIED FROM IT'S ORIGINAL VERSION AND IS NOT LIKE IT WAS IN MXO, HOWEVER ALL OF THESE MODELS AND TEXTURES ARE FROM THE GAME EXCEPT THE BARRIER SURROUNDING THE "ISLAND".

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - pikey - 15-05-2013

(19-04-2013, 11:39 PM)Jay Demedrian Wrote: Mod has finally been approved. The staff at GTAGarage/GTAF are really fucking slow at "approving" things. I could have found an alternate host but I can keep track of statistics this way plus it's free file hosting so I'll continue being appreciative.

If anyone wants my 3d files for Mara, hit me up.

Would love some feedback.

[LIVE Username: JayDemedrian]
-J

Mate that looks awesome, I'd love to get a copy of your 3d files to have a "Play" with. Been wanting to do this for a while but never got around to it

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Raccoon - 12-01-2014

Wow, great work! This mod actually makes me want to get GTAIV.

If only my computer wasn't terrible. >_>

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - Praey - 14-01-2014

I'd like to get my hands on any of the 3d MxO stuff you have! Big Grin

RE: Mara Central in GTAIV (Map Modification) - RowdyGowdy - 10-04-2014

looks interesting