The Matrix Online Server Emulator
My First MMORPG - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: My First MMORPG (/showthread.php?tid=1917)

Pages: 1 2

My First MMORPG - TempestPrime - 12-02-2014

I remember when I bought this game, I didn't know what an mmorpg was. When it said I had to pay monthly, it didn't make any sense. I played 1 week with dial up internet. Mara C was unplayable. After a week I discovered cable internet and then it was on!

Started out in Eclipse guild, on Syntax server but eventually joined my buddy Baraxsus/Mustang/DeathDealer(RIP)/and Liquidant(420) in TempestPrime. It was some of the best times of my life. I love the community of this game, and I haven't been able to find anything like it. I do truly miss this. If only SOE would make it a f2p game on PC and the new gen consoles, I think it would be profitable to them. Good luck on getting this up and going!

I loved t-bagging Kanjo...

Pwned by XPimp

RE: My First MMORPG - Neopill - 14-02-2014

Haha! Kanjo, one of the keepers of The Asassins Mask.

And I absolutely agree , there is still nothing that compares really to the community in MxO. May have been small towards the end, but damnit we were GODS!!!!!

RE: My First MMORPG - DeniseNY - 08-03-2014

Kanjo and that damn mask!!! Oh how pissed people were with how he got it!!!

RE: My First MMORPG - Neopill - 08-03-2014

Denise! Wow ! this emulator needs to get up and working all these cool vets popping in.

RE: My First MMORPG - DeniseNY - 08-03-2014

(08-03-2014, 04:14 AM)Neopill Wrote: Denise! Wow ! this emulator needs to get up and working all these cool vets popping in.

Hey there Neopill! I remember you! I actually logged in to the game last night for the first time. Can't do much but walk around, but it still brought back memories!

RE: My First MMORPG - TempestPrime - 26-03-2014

I've been playing DCUO (DC Universe Online) on the ps4. It is another SOE game. It reminds me in a lot of ways of MXO. My toon even rocks and trenchcoat and pistols. When dropping from the air after flying it is similar to the hyperjump animation...give it a shot.

US Playstation 4 Hero side, my toon name is Notrollious

/bouncy

RE: My First MMORPG - rajkosto - 26-03-2014

thing most similar to hyperjump animation is saints row 4 hyperjumps

RE: My First MMORPG - Mortalitor - 26-04-2014

This was also my first MMORPG, great experience. I started out in the MxO beta and shortly after joined a faction called Oracle's Prophets =) I remember a long time ago, late into the life of MxO, someone had actually recognized my name from pictures of the beta. Which was kinda surprising.

RE: My First MMORPG - kanjoWATP - 26-07-2014

(12-02-2014, 07:50 PM)TempestPrime Wrote: I remember when I bought this game, I didn't know what an mmorpg was. When it said I had to pay monthly, it didn't make any sense. I played 1 week with dial up internet. Mara C was unplayable. After a week I discovered cable internet and then it was on!

Started out in Eclipse guild, on Syntax server but eventually joined my buddy Baraxsus/Mustang/DeathDealer(RIP)/and Liquidant(420) in TempestPrime. It was some of the best times of my life. I love the community of this game, and I haven't been able to find anything like it. I do truly miss this. If only SOE would make it a f2p game on PC and the new gen consoles, I think it would be profitable to them. Good luck on getting this up and going!

I loved t-bagging Kanjo...

Pwned by XPimp

I loved CQ farming you and your squad solo Wink

Wish i could say I remembered the decent players but I only keep in contact with a few now.

By far the best PVP'rs I'd played with were Pharao, Anxiety and, as much of a cheating **** as he was, Bofa.

Hope you're all doing well though.

RE: My First MMORPG - Hcollett123 - 19-12-2014

Do you guys remember MikeCool3 from Syntax? I was in his faction, my char name was Zestys, I had a knack for the duelist combat approach, won the tournament many times. I actually found a picture on this site with my old character in it, jeeze the nostalgia.