The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Music Tools - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The MxO Client (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Music Tools (/showthread.php?tid=1967)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Music Tools - Villemar - 16-10-2016

Ahh that's wonderful. I do remember someone used the ancient directmusicproducer to reconstruct a couple of the tracks in August '09, to be as lossless as possible from the original .wav sources, and they sounded much better than the old lossy mp3 files that were floating around at the time. Back then I tried to do all the others myself but I bailed on that project, so this is awesome. Thanks much! (I realize this is necro, but still, big ups on this)

RE: Music Tools - rajkosto - 19-10-2016

Glad to know someone likes it, nobody actually cared when I released it.

RE: Music Tools - Sixxth - 19-10-2016

(19-10-2016, 10:57 AM)rajkosto Wrote: Glad to know someone likes it, nobody actually cared when I released it.

FYI, Im still using this when I listen to mixo music at work.

EDIT: glad I was reminded, Ive been listening today.

But now Ive got burning, crippling nostalgia.

RE: Music Tools - pr0sper0 - 26-10-2016

(19-10-2016, 10:57 AM)rajkosto Wrote: Glad to know someone likes it, nobody actually cared when I released it.

When I started using it, I realized how rich it was. I still have it on my desktop.

RE: Music Tools - Shadohan - 12-12-2016

Nice song's dude)

RE: Music Tools - Villemar - 09-01-2017

Lol I forget I posted this. Thanks for the sentiment! The good news is that some people are starting to make unique mixes of these source files; I will too once things settle down a bit (late 2016 when I posted this I had a lot going on, now that things have calmed down I'll want to play around with these). Cheers!

RE: Music Tools - johnspartan - 16-02-2017

I really appreciate the time and effort you put to bring back the authentic MxO experience. Your music tool works and delivers perfectly.

RE: Music Tools - Bookwyrm Pageturner - 28-12-2022

Ah, great! Was gonna try and find what that "Aug '09" project mentioned above might have accomplished (only found this thread here: https://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3627 - the discussion stops after a first semi-success), and then found this.
Think that's even more than had been expected back then, an external tool with this level of control/options?

A couple questions about this:

1) Is it possible to use this sgt-reading software to compile audio files?
Or export audio files from MxO Music Player somehow (e.g. the sequence selected during a session)?

Recording it from the screen is of course also possible, though right now I'm not quite sure that my OBS Studio (or others I'd tried) records audio without any quality loss - at times it seemed like it did lose quality, so idk.

All the uploads I've found online (2 on youtube, and 1 on soundcloud) use the MxoArchive versions, which contain some errors - would be good to have the correct versions available online as well.
(I.e. they're obviously available via this emu and music tool, but I mean quickly and easily on stream.)

With some of the tracks I'd probably do several ending versions incl. double cuts (since some of these tracks don't have real endings and only really work as loops) - if I'd get around to it that is lol

2) Noticed some occasional mini-breaks in the file/segment transitions with Character, LoadingH, and MisNiobeM - or LoadingH does a clicking sound instead of breaks.

They're relatively rare and irregular, i.e. don't happen on the same spots; sometimes 2/3 times in a row and then nothing for a while etc.

Not sure if it's my system or the app, but thought I'd report on it either way.

The Character, Loading and MisZion/Machines/Merv/Niobe tracks are all without fade-outs of course - so not sure if maybe all the others are also affected by this but it's less noticeable due to the fade-outs masking the slight delays?
Though I didn't notice any rhythmic delays elsewhere.

If any of this ground is already covered by the additional info and links in the OP (the fmod site and the DirectMusic downloads etc.), I was obviously too noob to have understood or noticed lol.

RE: Music Tools - Bookwyrm Pageturner - 28-12-2022

(09-01-2017, 08:00 AM)Villemar Wrote: The good news is that some people are starting to make unique mixes of these source files; I will too once things settle down a bit (late 2016 when I posted this I had a lot going on, now that things have calmed down I'll want to play around with these).

Wondering whether any of those remixes have been posted anywhere?

I'd probably have a couple ideas / things I'd like to try along those lines as well - some of them inspired by the "errors" from the MxoArchive edits (interesting sounding expansions / compressions / beat breaks etc.), and a couple others.
Those would have to be done manually in Audacity of course - while other kinds of edits/compilations etc. aiming at authenticity would be a lot better via this music tool.

However obviously I'm not aware of all the emu stuff already posted on YT and elsewhere - gonna have to go look around some more.

RE: Music Tools - Bookwyrm Pageturner - 31-01-2023

Tangentially related to the "remixing" subject, was looking around YT and just found this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSL2-hhATY

Contains a DjZionDowntownD sample, mixed with what is probably the song named in the description, "Electro Fight" by Kwon (not looked that one up yet).