The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Hidden Niobe/Morpheus soundfiles? - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Hidden Niobe/Morpheus soundfiles? (/showthread.php?tid=1977)

Hidden Niobe/Morpheus soundfiles? - Jac - 24-07-2014

I remember waaaay back near the launch of the game hearing about there being a file where Niobe discusses Morpheus and their relationship, but I know a lot of people had never heard it. I'm pretty positive that it wasn't released in later iterations of the client, may have even been done away with when CR2 was put out or when Station Launcher hit - I'm not sure - but I've not been able to find the it in the game files since then.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I don't recall it ever being -actually- in the game, and if it was it was likely in some random mission, but I would love it if someone could tell me where it is or if someone could upload it.

Hope I'm not being retarded. Thanks.

RE: Hidden Niobe/Morpheus soundfiles? - rajkosto - 24-07-2014

Nothing's stopping you from extracting the packmaps and digging around the sound/dialog folders, they are just .wavs.

RE: Hidden Niobe/Morpheus soundfiles? - bitbomb - 24-07-2014

There's a bunch of dialogue (monologues actually) in the form of FX, I remember playing through a bunch of them and found one where Niobe talks about Morpheus in the early days, I think that might be what you're talking about. Try &playfx 4F030058, labeled "FX NIOBE INTRO AND RECRUITING NIOBE MORPHEUSWASVERYIMPORTANTTOME," I think that was it.

RE: Hidden Niobe/Morpheus soundfiles? - rajkosto - 24-07-2014

All the FX: http://mxoemu.info/fxlistreal.txt
I dont think they removed things between releases, because removing things would increase the patch size.

RE: Hidden Niobe/Morpheus soundfiles? - Othinn - 25-07-2014

Sounds like you're referring to the mission documents and accompanying audio files called "Partial recording of Niobe talking to a friend". I have a transcript of them at my site, here. You'll have to scroll down a bit.

And no, it they weren't removed from the game. They could be found in some of the Chapter 1.3 missions, as I recall.

RE: Hidden Niobe/Morpheus soundfiles? - Jac - 25-07-2014

(25-07-2014, 03:14 AM)Othinn Wrote: Sounds like you're referring to the mission documents and accompanying audio files called "Partial recording of Niobe talking to a friend". I have a transcript of them at my site, here. You'll have to scroll down a bit.

And no, it they weren't removed from the game. They could be found in some of the Chapter 1.3 missions, as I recall.

Thanks Othinn, long time no see. When I first listened to them I was around 11-12 years old, so my memory was pretty foggy on it.

And I decided to go ahead and start extracting the pkbs to nostalgia anyway.

RE: Hidden Niobe/Morpheus soundfiles? - bitbomb - 25-07-2014

Yeah that's a transcript of FX 4F030058 (almost positive)