The Matrix Online Server Emulator
input - keep doing - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: input - keep doing (/showthread.php?tid=2020)

input - keep doing - Kelevra - 11-12-2014

Well sadly i'm new here and have not enjoyed time in matrix online in past, mainly because didn't know about existence and i was younger with no interest in mmo or kind of.. I've always been a big fan of Matrix trilogy and story, i discovered emulator about one year ago randomly giving it a try, with no expectation and any concern about it tought was something complete to distract me from rl.. but you don't care about this.

What i found out recently is this forum and through that, all the immense work, passion and obsession, hopes and even ignorance behind this to resume life into a dead thing, from the main programmer to the simple guy of community still anchored in past good old times in matrix.

What can i say about it?
I made high scool in my country about informatic, c++ etc. etc.. i was a completely mess mainly because i was kind of dick, i know some genius mind into this like the programmer, able to create things from nothing or almost, and in this particular case a big project for FREE, i can't imagine all the code and the time required, especially the willingness employed(something i truly respect in life) to have the actual emulator working, to me it's something impressive,amazing.
Plus, i guess there are much more hidden behind the scenes, than a cool 3d chat in matrix style, you just don't see now.
This is just my feeling tho.
However i'm not really sure if you have a main target/goal in mind or just doing it like hobby till you able to do it, or both.
Whatever for people blaming about "why still no complete?" at least get a minimal knowledge before complain about it. (smartass here)

I say keep doing.

What input i give you?
As random guy passing on here, i'd suggest you just some couple of things for the forum to optimize that could improve work.

Make a section in Home page about:
- " Info & FAQ" or similar:
to be in evidence, so people can read them directly, understand the meaning of this, could reduce the number of repetitive questions have answers in the past.

You miss in FAQ or infos primary questions as:
Q. What is MxO emulator?
Q. What is your main goal?
These may be sound obivious for you, but a definition of what are we talking about, and the target aiming for should be listed in the building of a project.

Q. Where can i get news or updates of project?
Adding twitter or any active social account, links, involve people to follow your progress and support it. People may be gets discouraged less to abandon or stop to believe into MxO. People create opportunities, ideas that could improve the work. This depends on you if you want work hidden or under lights, or find a compromise on it.

Q. How can i contribute?
Use the potential of community.
Point out what are you looking for.
Talk about donations, not asking for charity but seriously explain what you could do with some little help.

- "RULES - read here":
to be in evidence, just to give a more serious view to the forum, if there are rules there is someone want to ensure that the rules were respected.
(where you can point out "use the fucking search button before post!")
So there are people following or breaking obiviously, so give to forum more credibility, could reduce the number of repetitive questions have answers in the past.

- "GUIDES & TUTORIALS" :
Regroup all guides for the game and the project in this section, people from community also can make tutorials(depends on what are you looking for) and give some concrete contribute.

- "RECRUITMENT"
People can present themselves and post their skills.
Point out how to make a recruit request and what are you looking for. This will avoid some unnecessary "willing to help" posts where people get attacked.
To be in evidence, if there are some valid help out there who knows you may get it.

Basically the morale is use the full potential of community, if there is something the community can do to help the cause.

I'm the newcomer member, i am not telling you do this or not,how,you must..i guess after years you went through alot of things.. i just trying to give some valid input to debate. This isn't C++ code but at least is a form of support.

You can joke on this i don't mind, i give you something to read while waiting.

RE: input - keep doing - rayquaza393 - 12-12-2014

This is such a great idea. I've been reading the forums for about a year and a half maybe two and there hasn't seemed to be much of an update on whats happening. Not that I'm not confident he's doing a good job it's just it'd be nice for an update and if he is needing help let us know there's probably tons of coders on the forum. I am still learning C++ but I'm sure I could help if he threw something at me. We all want the game to be ready and do something more than a "3D chat room". So yeah using the community would definitely be beneficial.

RE: input - keep doing - rajkosto - 13-12-2014

No updates here on UE4 MxO, that's not "Emu" business