The Matrix Online Server Emulator
How Much Is It Going To Take? - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: How Much Is It Going To Take? (/showthread.php?tid=2022)

Pages: 1 2

How Much Is It Going To Take? - Hcollett123 - 19-12-2014

Exactly as the title states. I started playing MxO whenever I was 16 in 2005 or so, somewhere around there give or take a year or so. I have since graduated from college and am now a RN. My passion for gaming, especially MMO's has never stopped and is constantly growing. However, MxO is like an itch I can't scratch. I don't get the experience from WoW, or any other game for that matter. Something Is always missing!

I'm not a computer whiz, or coding genius, but I do believe that this can be done with the right amount of motivation. For my sake, I hope this game can be up and running again with combat etc.

Why doesn't the combat work? Why does the game crash after three "Hyper Jump"'s? Why can't we speak to vendors?

Hell, why cant you copy and paste the old files from mxo into the client and make everything work?

What can I do to help? I'm not rich but I can handle monthly contributions. But if I do what does that get me? I'm not really interested in the "It helps keep servers up!" speech. I don't imagine them being to costly for just one. I don't want to pay your bills, I don't want to pay for your beer and pizza on guys night.

Maybe you could higher a college kid needing a project and pay him with the contributions?

Anyways, let me know.
If you're interested get back to me there.

RE: How Much Is It Going To Take? - rajkosto - 19-12-2014

Quote:I'm not a computer whiz, or coding genius, but I do believe that this can be done with the right amount of motivation.
The other factor is free time. Lots of it.

Quote:Hell, why cant you copy and paste the old files from mxo into the client and make everything work?
You should try that and tell me how it goes.

Quote:Maybe you could higher a college kid needing a project and pay him with the contributions?
I'd love competent help. Unfortunately everyone else seems to be "busy".

RE: How Much Is It Going To Take? - Hcollett123 - 19-12-2014

(19-12-2014, 11:02 AM)rajkosto Wrote:
Quote:I'm not a computer whiz, or coding genius, but I do believe that this can be done with the right amount of motivation.
The other factor is free time. Lots of it.

Quote:Hell, why cant you copy and paste the old files from mxo into the client and make everything work?
You should try that and tell me how it goes.

Quote:Maybe you could higher a college kid needing a project and pay him with the contributions?
I'd love competent help. Unfortunately everyone else seems to be "busy".

Why don't you give me jobs to do to help with it? I won't screw you over and won't make my own emu lol. Maybe this is a marketing issue as well, the only people that come here are old MxO players. If we get new players we might find new minds willing to contribute. With your permission I'd like to make a group on Facebook and enlist some paid advertising. I would hit reddit as well various gaming forums etc etc.

RE: How Much Is It Going To Take? - rajkosto - 19-12-2014

Not the time yet, maybe you should read the forums a little bit and see that this is repeated by new users over and over again.
What 'jobs' could you do ? You never said anything about your skills.

RE: How Much Is It Going To Take? - Hcollett123 - 19-12-2014

It wasn't time in 2005 and it's not time now? My skills are with people, public relations. Which is a large spoke of the wheel of a video game. I'm good at talking to people, I can get us recognized at the very least. Why are you so cynical? I'm offering you free services and donations, no wonder you're the only person working on this, they're not busy, they don't want to work with you. If you would deliver instead of making excuses maybe the game would be up by now. You have my email, let me know if you want to get serious about it.

RE: How Much Is It Going To Take? - Sixxth - 19-12-2014

(19-12-2014, 06:20 PM)Hcollett123 Wrote: It wasn't time in 2005 and it's not time now? My skills are with people, public relations. Which is a large spoke of the wheel of a video game. I'm good at talking to people, I can get us recognized at the very least. Why are you so cynical? I'm offering you free services and donations, no wonder you're the only person working on this, they're not busy, they don't want to work with you. If you would deliver instead of making excuses maybe the game would be up by now. You have my email, let me know if you want to get serious about it.

Based on this post, I wouldn't say you have "people skills".

Read the forums, understand whats going on here before offering more advice.

RE: How Much Is It Going To Take? - Hcollett123 - 20-12-2014

(19-12-2014, 10:35 PM)Sixxth Wrote:
(19-12-2014, 06:20 PM)Hcollett123 Wrote: It wasn't time in 2005 and it's not time now? My skills are with people, public relations. Which is a large spoke of the wheel of a video game. I'm good at talking to people, I can get us recognized at the very least. Why are you so cynical? I'm offering you free services and donations, no wonder you're the only person working on this, they're not busy, they don't want to work with you. If you would deliver instead of making excuses maybe the game would be up by now. You have my email, let me know if you want to get serious about it.

I choose when to express them, I devoted my life to people, do I need to draw a map for you?

How about you just inform me of what's going on. Instead of being an ass.

RE: How Much Is It Going To Take? - Sixxth - 20-12-2014

(20-12-2014, 03:17 AM)Hcollett123 Wrote:

I choose when to express them, I devoted my life to people, do I need to draw a map for you?

Well Mr People skills, maybe your first example of your special skills would have been selling what you can do. Instead you got upset that Rajko didnt kiss your ass so you started making snarky remarks. Ouch that hurt!

Im not going to spoon feed you whats going on, either read the forums or dont. No one cares either way.

RE: How Much Is It Going To Take? - Hcollett123 - 20-12-2014

(20-12-2014, 12:45 PM)Sixxth Wrote:

Well Mr People skills, maybe your first example of your special skills would have been selling what you can do. Instead you got upset that Rajko didnt kiss your ass so you started making snarky remarks. Ouch that hurt!

Im not going to spoon feed you whats going on, either read the forums or dont. No one cares either way.

I don't need to sell it. You chumps sell yourself to me. Reply to me when you guys move out of your moms basement.

You know what? What's stopping me from just doing it anyways?

RE: How Much Is It Going To Take? - Sixxth - 20-12-2014

(20-12-2014, 04:22 PM)Hcollett123 Wrote:
(20-12-2014, 12:45 PM)Sixxth Wrote:

I don't need to sell it. You chumps sell yourself to me. Reply to me when you guys move out of your moms basement.

You know what? What's stopping me from just doing it anyways?

You Millennials, so self important, so special.

Unless Rajko asks for your help, dont assume he wants or needs it.