The Matrix Online Server Emulator
The real thing the new MXO will need. - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: The real thing the new MXO will need. (/showthread.php?tid=2061)

The real thing the new MXO will need. - Raccoon - 01-07-2015

NPCs who obey traffic laws.

[Image: matrix-online.jpg]

RE: The real thing the new MXO will need. - ID_Error - 02-07-2015

Perfect role for EPN...crossing guards. Wink

RE: The real thing the new MXO will need. - rajkosto - 02-07-2015

Do you mean they don't in the old one ? I've found them to wait for red light for cars and then cross. Cars also wait for green light on intersections before continuing.
I've been wondering when to actually devote time to coding in Richworld in the new one, since its a purely client side effect, but without it the city feels super dead.

RE: The real thing the new MXO will need. - Raccoon - 03-07-2015

Nah I'm saying they do and it's awesome. It's something that needs to stay.

RE: The real thing the new MXO will need. - bitbomb - 06-07-2015

I always dug the fact that the cars use turn signals too (unlike in real life), all those little details really make the city feel alive. Rajko mentioned in the channel that the hardlines actually have street names, it might be cool if that's complete to replace the dream-vision blurred street signs with real ones.

RE: The real thing the new MXO will need. - pr0sper0 - 13-03-2016

(06-07-2015, 01:37 PM)bitbomb Wrote: I always dug the fact that the cars use turn signals too (unlike in real life), all those little details really make the city feel alive. Rajko mentioned in the channel that the hardlines actually have street names, it might be cool if that's complete to replace the dream-vision blurred street signs with real ones.

This is a great idea; it always drove me nuts trying to decipher the street signs. Perhaps the coder would like to sell them off to raise development funds. Imagine "Pr0sper0 Plaza"...