The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Any new news? - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: News & Announcements (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: Any new news? (/showthread.php?tid=2064)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Any new news? - Sixxth - 21-09-2015

(20-09-2015, 12:14 AM)IImarkeliusII Wrote: Hello, brand new to the game. Just wondering if anyone actually still plays and if so please let me know. Thanks

Read around the forums.

There is nothing to "play". The emu is just for touring around and seeing the city while work goes continues on the "real code". Some people log in now and then for a while just to enjoy being in the megacity.

RE: Any new news? - TempestPrime - 08-10-2015

(21-09-2015, 10:36 AM)Sixxth Wrote:
(20-09-2015, 12:14 AM)IImarkeliusII Wrote: Hello, brand new to the game. Just wondering if anyone actually still plays and if so please let me know. Thanks

Read around the forums.

There is nothing to "play". The emu is just for touring around and seeing the city while work goes continues on the "real code". Some people log in now and then for a while just to enjoy being in the megacity.

Have you heard any news on the port to unreal 4 engine?

RE: Any new news? - Malachiasz - 26-10-2015

Yes, i go to game somethimes. I wait when rajko ening game. I belive in return of game.

RE: Any new news? - Wuppertaler - 02-11-2015

This was quite not an answer to the Question.....Angel

RE: Any new news? - seawulf - 03-11-2015

I think it's great Rajiko is doing this. I've always wondered why so much work needs to go into it anyway though. Besides the ports to different engines like I've read about on here, would that be preference? Or required to run on modern machines? Was this game not intact when it was acquired for the emulator project? I get that this is about emulating the old servers for the game, but why would Rajiko have all the work to do inside the game itself?

I've heard about other emulator projects like SWG being rebuilt from the ground up. Except for wanting to roll back to a previous combat system before an update which may not have been kept, would they not have just been able to take the game, open a server, and control it like SOE did had they wanted to continue where it left off? I'm really curious about the way it works for fun.

RE: Any new news? - Sixxth - 04-11-2015

(03-11-2015, 02:48 PM)seawulf Wrote: I think it's great Rajiko is doing this. I've always wondered why so much work needs to go into it anyway though. Besides the ports to different engines like I've read about on here, would that be preference? Or required to run on modern machines? Was this game not intact when it was acquired for the emulator project? I get that this is about emulating the old servers for the game, but why would Rajiko have all the work to do inside the game itself?

I've heard about other emulator projects like SWG being rebuilt from the ground up. Except for wanting to roll back to a previous combat system before an update which may not have been kept, would they not have just been able to take the game, open a server, and control it like SOE did had they wanted to continue where it left off? I'm really curious about the way it works for fun.

There was and is no MxO server code available to the public. What you have on your home computer is the client only. That required Rajko to reverse engineer everything, and write all the server code from scratch. And it has to be pretty damn near exact to the old code, or it wont work. The amount of RE work was huge, requiring Rajko to write software editors, and more than I understand.

Rajko can chime in if he wants, but I think in the end UE4 allows him to code and understand everything, implement parts of the game at a time, instead of having to have the entire game code understood by the server to get anything to work.

Still a ton of work.

RE: Any new news? - rajkosto - 06-11-2015

Having it on UE4 would let me implement melee weapons combat, obviously !

RE: Any new news? - Sirius - 07-11-2015

Hey rajkosto. What's the status of this project? Haven't been here a while. Are you seriously switching ot UE4?

RE: Any new news? - seawulf - 09-11-2015

Oh I see. That does sound like an enormous amount of rework. It's enough to make me want to learn more about this kind of thing and avoid it all at the same time. Sounds kind of mind blowing lol.

RE: Any new news? - rajkosto - 10-11-2015

Well a guy who was supposed to be 'helping' just admitted he was only pretending to so he could steal all the assets, so I've got that going for me.