The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Want to help with project - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Want to help with project (/showthread.php?tid=2201)

Pages: 1 2 3

Want to help with project - Delator - 03-02-2016

Greetings all!
I'm new here, and actually new to MxO itself. Discovered the existence of this game only in 2015.
Not even playing it, already can say that the Matrix plot and MMO genre were made for each other! Also, this game has much stronger feel and atmosphere then "Path of Neo".
Now to the point:

The hard work of people dedicated to this project is very inspiring, and I want to help in developing MxOEmu. I'm no programmer, only starting to acquaint myself with UE4, but even if I'll be sitting and porting a single bench for a week, and still help developers at least somehow by doing so, I'm willing to do it. I have decent amount of free time and enthusiasm, so I'm ready to start.
Will it be recreation of map, icons for abilities, character models, anything? Please contact me regarding possible first steps.

RE: Want to help with project - Malachiasz - 03-02-2016

Hi Delator.

I also want to help but I am guessing that Rajko can not want my help. I wrote different news to it and I didn't get an answer. Perhaps it resulted from the fact that I had been uninformed and I asked questions to which information was in the forum. Perhaps Cie is irritating Rajko with something? I apologise

I think your desire for the help behind a great idea. If I will also be useful I offer my help! I am being taught language python

I am greeting

RE: Want to help with project - Delator - 03-02-2016

Hello Malachiasz!

After spending so many years rebuilding thing on your own, dealing with all problems, creative differences between other members of the team, and douches who stealing work, I can well imagine the irritation.
Just letting people know that if any help is needed, with slightest guidance I'll happily contribute.
Game looks great, Matrix universe is one of a kind and deserves to live, if not in new movies, then in awesome MMO.
Thanks Rajko and others who are helping with this project for all your hard work and dedication!

RE: Want to help with project - bitbomb - 04-02-2016

The last I hard, Rajko was looking for someone to recreate the FX from the game. He gets TONS of posts like 'I don't know how to do anything but how can I help?' instead of 'I can do this and this, even if I'm not very experienced, I'd like to help.' Now that the game is in UE4 it opens up a lot more candidates, as when it was using the official client, his server code was absolutely 'experts only,' and there was nobody of sufficient caliber that could do anything. And the people who were of that caliber don't care about MxO. It's a tough situation. Right now the best thing is to learn UE4 as much as possible. There are tons of good tutorials for that.

RE: Want to help with project - telemancer - 04-02-2016

probably wont hear from them again...once people realize they need to learn and put in long hours they quietly walk away. I am learning to enjoy what we have, a walk through megacity and hope some talented people jump in at some point to help Rajko. Warm regards, Tony

RE: Want to help with project - Delator - 04-02-2016

Ok, thanks for reply.
I'll stick to tutorials for now then. At least now I know what to aim for.
And it's good thing that megacity is restored. I jack in there from time to time. It's a pity that not too many others around.

RE: Want to help with project - Malachiasz - 04-02-2016

Thank you for information. its gold information that we could have hope. I think that Rajko end work. Maybe I help. If I decide help, sure I can make a lot for game, because I know that Rajko prefer useful people

RE: Want to help with project - yung neo - 09-02-2016

Mac port in the future?
Jokes.

But it would be nice though :p

RE: Want to help with project - bitbomb - 10-02-2016

Unreal Engine 4 is being developed cross platform!! Windows/Linux/Mac! Whether Rajko will make MxO cross platform is up to him, but engine he's using totally is. Man, Linux gaming s taking off in a big way! 'Bout damn time!

RE: Want to help with project - rajkosto - 10-02-2016

2016 YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP WE MEAN IT SERIOUSLY THIS TIME