The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Want to help with project - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Want to help with project (/showthread.php?tid=2201)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Want to help with project - Mike-D - 18-02-2016

I've offered my help as well. I run a game company with the resources to assist this project. When I got zero replies to a similar thread that I created, I knew this project was dead on the vine. Since then, I log in from time to time in order to enjoy what we currently have (thanks to Zajko)

Based on what I've seen from other threads, usually offering help is met with a negative backlash. This tends to be the attitude of people who have worked with less than committed team members or have dealt with confrontation while trying to finish a project. My best guess would be that Zajko has dealt with these demoralizing circumstances.
At this point, making a similar game with Unity, Unreal Engine (or something of the sort) sounds like the only viable option left.
If my team decides to do this on our own, I'll post on this forum to keep everyone in the loop. We would need as much help from this community as possible considering we've never played MXO (and there's not many Matrix Online Gameplay videos left that I could use as a point of reference)

Until then, I hope to see people in Mara-Central!

Mike-D

RE: Want to help with project - rajkosto - 21-02-2016

You just asked for a flow-chart and since you never went on IRC nobody took you seriously.

RE: Want to help with project - Sixxth - 21-02-2016

(21-02-2016, 01:48 PM)rajkosto Wrote: You just asked for a flow-chart and since you never went on IRC nobody took you seriously.

I agree with Zajko.

RE: Want to help with project - bitbomb - 22-02-2016

Yeah there's tons of empty offers from people who either can't actually do anything, or just don't follow through. This has been going on since the beginning, around 2010. So don't worry too much about being taken seriously immediately, and definitely stop back by the IRC channel. Best thing is to hang out there for a bit in case people are AFK, but there's usually someone there.

RE: Want to help with project - Maligner - 23-02-2016

I was one of the ones that wanted to help but can't do anything. I'm still sorry for being an unintentional thorn, but rest assured I'm still here waiting, hoping and mentally supporting you Rajkosto.

I only donated once, but when I get caught up on my child support (which is always just a little behind thanks to this and that) I'll make another donation, and hopefully a little more sizable. Also makes it tough my wife controls the PayPal because of her e-bay stuff, so me using it messes her up. Probably last time I used it was for the single donation to you. On a related note, do you think about using Patreon?

Still can't believe some asshat donated a penny. Actually I do believe it, I just wish there was a destruct button for that kind of dick. Sure, a million people giving a penny isn't bad, but dude knew what he was doing when he did that.

RE: Want to help with project - rajkosto - 23-02-2016

I dunno it was kinda funny. He wasted more than a penny doing it too, and i got nothing because paypal fees Big Grin

RE: Want to help with project - Lnk2past - 07-03-2016

I've been following this project on and off for some time, perhaps I can help out? I do not know what engine this was in or which engine it is supposedly being moved to (UE4??). I don't have experience with any game engines, but I am a software developer that works with C++ and Python, with an emphasis in modeling and simulation. I know there have been issues in the past with others "helping out", but if possible I would like to help when I can.

RE: Want to help with project - bitbomb - 07-03-2016

Probably swing by the chat at some point, there's usually a few of us hanging around there. Link is in my sig, or if you already use IRC it's QuakeNet channel #mxoemu

The only thing I know offhand specifically is Rajko needs the FX brought over from the original client but I'm sure there's a bunch more than that.

RE: Want to help with project - Freezer64 - 25-04-2016

I started playing this game since the end of alpha. In fact I have 2 friends I met in Alpha that I am still friends with to this day! We loved this game, Monolith did such a great job. In fact we always say the end of alpha/beta was the best time in the game! After it went live it was still good, with all of the live events that took place, it was truly an amazing experience! I regret deleting all my old videos and pictures years ago, never thought I'd need them. This game would have been so great if Sony never got involved! I don't know all the details but I know once they had it, everyone was pissed we weren't getting what we paid for. From the elevator mission hacks to getting stuck in walls I would say it was the most fun time/experience in an MMO I've had, although short lived!

I would love to help see this thing run again. I have only recently started learning UT4. I'm self taught with mostly everything. I spend 6-8 hours a day/night playing games still, been moving more towards learning how they work instead. I would love to do some reasearch into getting needed information from whoever might still have any, Sony? Lith? WB? I have read the FAQ page and I understand people have tried, but through my years in life I think it's all about who you talk to and how you talk to them, not that the people who tried didn't do it right! I would just like to maybe try as I understand that would be a huge help?!?

I also think, and please understand I am not trying to offend anyone here, what has been done here is great, from the bottom of my heart, but I feel that people come into your life for a reason and just because others have treated you badly before, doesn't mean that the next people that come into your life will. It's never a bad thing to have an open mind, heart, and still be cautious!

If anyone has any information on who I can start to get in contact with that would be much appreciated! Also more information (technical terms) as to WHAT is needed and what isn't! If not no worries, I will try my best.

If money is an issue, anyone thought about kickstarter?

RE: Want to help with project - Sixxth - 25-04-2016

(25-04-2016, 07:56 AM)Freezer64 Wrote: I started playing this game since the end of alpha. In fact I have 2 friends I met in Alpha that I am still friends with to this day! We loved this game, Monolith did such a great job. In fact we always say the end of alpha/beta was the best time in the game! After it went live it was still good, with all of the live events that took place, it was truly an amazing experience! I regret deleting all my old videos and pictures years ago, never thought I'd need them. This game would have been so great if Sony never got involved! I don't know all the details but I know once they had it, everyone was pissed we weren't getting what we paid for. From the elevator mission hacks to getting stuck in walls I would say it was the most fun time/experience in an MMO I've had, although short lived!

I would love to help see this thing run again. I have only recently started learning UT4. I'm self taught with mostly everything. I spend 6-8 hours a day/night playing games still, been moving more towards learning how they work instead. I would love to do some reasearch into getting needed information from whoever might still have any, Sony? Lith? WB? I have read the FAQ page and I understand people have tried, but through my years in life I think it's all about who you talk to and how you talk to them, not that the people who tried didn't do it right! I would just like to maybe try as I understand that would be a huge help?!?

I also think, and please understand I am not trying to offend anyone here, what has been done here is great, from the bottom of my heart, but I feel that people come into your life for a reason and just because others have treated you badly before, doesn't mean that the next people that come into your life will. It's never a bad thing to have an open mind, heart, and still be cautious!

If anyone has any information on who I can start to get in contact with that would be much appreciated! Also more information (technical terms) as to WHAT is needed and what isn't! If not no worries, I will try my best.

If money is an issue, anyone thought about kickstarter?

*sigh*

No offense, but if you look around the forums, you will see that everything you are suggesting or thinking of doing has been discussed/done.

There is no one that used to be involved with MxO that can *legally* help. And no one has been willing to step up to help illegally.

Server code would be great to have, but I doubt it even exists anywhere anyone knows about anymore.

Also, pretty sure a kickstarter would be illegal. Any game coding of mxo cant be for profit using the original mxo assets/property, or some legal mumbo jumbo like that. Rajko has a donation link for paypal up on the main site if you are interested in supporting him in general.