The Matrix Online Server Emulator
The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' (/showthread.php?tid=2239)

Pages: 1 2

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - bitbomb - 04-01-2017

Same, Win 7 Home Prem x64, GTX1060 6GB, drivers 376.33. When it works it works beautifully but a good amount of the time, once the target cursor appears, the client stops responding and has to be killed. Grays out and everything. But the few I'd been able to pull off were fucking GLORIOUS.

And screw you and your 1070 8GB lol

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - ColdSpike - 05-01-2017

(04-01-2017, 09:06 AM)bitbomb Wrote: Same, Win 7 Home Prem x64, GTX1060 6GB, drivers 376.33. When it works it works beautifully but a good amount of the time, once the target cursor appears, the client stops responding and has to be killed. Grays out and everything. But the few I'd been able to pull off were fucking GLORIOUS.

And screw you and your 1070 8GB lol

Very odd, I also noticed the client keeps bugging out if I have any programs running with an overlay so I would kill anything like that before starting.

As for your 1070 jealousy...

░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░
░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░
░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░█░░
░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░░█░
█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒░█
█░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█░
░░█░░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█░░
░░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█░░░
░░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█░░
░░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█░░
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░▒░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░█░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░█░░

Problem? I needed one to develop for VR lol.

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - rajkosto - 05-01-2017

I'm still rockin a 660Ti because i don't want UE4 mxo to require more than that.

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - ColdSpike - 05-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 03:50 AM)rajkosto Wrote: I'm still rockin a 660Ti because i don't want UE4 mxo to require more than that.

Makes sense. I was using a GTX 460 for way longer than I needed to, then it sort of died and I got a GTX 660 for a bit before upgrading to this and I found I really did need it as most VR games wouldn't run for crap without it...

I do have a Windows XP machine I built with my older GPU, the 660 and I'm curious if it will be able to run your UE4 "Build" of MXO.

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - rajkosto - 05-01-2017

The default build of UE4 is 64bit and d3d11, for Xp you need to build in a special mode and use Opengl, so not likely.

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - ColdSpike - 07-01-2017

(05-01-2017, 12:01 PM)rajkosto Wrote: The default build of UE4 is 64bit and d3d11, for Xp you need to build in a special mode and use Opengl, so not likely.

Ah, shame. Oh well.

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - Metalogic - 11-01-2017

That was a really well written article. Smile

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - DeaconBlue - 16-01-2017

Digging through old things in a box my parents gave me, I stumbled upon the "The official Matrix Online Magazine" that had come out for all Beta Testers/Pre-orders(I think). It had so many interviews of popular beta testers and designers that I have very strong memories of. I found myself reading the whole magazine. And then, I found myself flipping through the strategy guide with all the familiar pictures and graphics. This led me to google "The Matrix Online" and see what was going on out there--the article that was posted in this thread is what I found. His description of the game, the story behind MxO and the founder of MxOEmu was really moving. Its one of the best articles I have read about the game posthumously I have ever read. It truly translates the tone of the game in its current state and the slow growth of MxOEmu. The MxO was one of my most favorite games of all time and it was truly unique all in the same. As nerdy as it sounds, I occasionally have dreams that the game gets bought and revived such as other MMOs have in the past. I do not know if this is ironic or appropriate in relation to Vesuveus and his institute which I remember being such a fantastic faction in the game.

Rajko, I know you read posts all the time about people encouraging you, but I want to personally do the same and hopefully not get lost in the forum posts. Keep at it. Most Emus have no hope but you havn't given up and I commend you for it.

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - FiftyCaliber - 07-03-2017

I just read that whole article and I'm very impressed at the dedication you have towards rebuilding MxO. Even just looking at the pictures filled me with nostalgic feelings. XD

RE: The Death and Rebirth of 'The Matrix Online' - The None - 16-03-2017

I'm so incredibly proud of this community, and privileged to be a part of it. For this to even be an idea someone had was amazing...for them to put a little work in on it is inspiring...but for development to get this far, to the point where the game is literally playable with the same atmosphere and feeling as before...mind blowing.

You guys rule. We all look forward to playing missions in this game and grinding character levels. I'd pay a monthly fee for your server costs in a heartbeat for that.