The Matrix Online Server Emulator
New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. (/showthread.php?tid=2250)

Pages: 1 2

New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - Room502 - 17-01-2017

New here, read the faq, all that stuff. Installed game, off and on I have spent about 8ish hours trying to get it to work.

I used to alpha test for this just prior to release.

Onto my issue, if I remove the -char name out of shortcut I get scrolling code but I can move around, jump, cam change with mouse angle.. all that, I can hear the game responding to my commands over top the green code music, I just only see scrolling code. If I leave it in there *The -char charname* command, I get in and everything is lined with code but I can see what SHOULD be the point right before everything melts in and you're in the world. However, right before ''melting'' in, as I used to call it, it kicks you to a loading screen that says ''Negotiating with Server'' and stops.

I tried port forwarding both in router and Windows firewall. I tried disabling W7 firewall and putting the router into a DMZ to prevent any filtering *Yeah, I know* Just had to check though, to make sure I wasn't missing something. I know certain brand routers used to play havoc with some customers and we would have to tell them to change router settings.

Gut feeling is that it's a communication problem between me and the server. The server is waiting on some type of information that it never get's, so it freaks out. I have searched the forums, read the faq, the whole nine.

I realize certain hardware just isn't going to work, so I leave the door open for that. However, I posted my specs bellow just in case someone with the same hardware could say '' Hey, mine is working with the same hardware, problem isn't HW related''

I have an Asus RT-AC3100 router, ASROCK X99 Extreme 4 MB, Asus 780-TI GPU <--- single. Windows 7 64bit ultimate.

Let me preface again, I don't expect magic, I know sometimes things just won't work, I have seen it with this game back in the day. Some customers we would just refund and give up because we just couldn't make it work. However, if you are experiencing a similar problem, fixed/unfixed, pls respond and I will continue to work on it from my end.

I am hard headed and I tend to hang onto stuff until I get it working. As well, I was a YUGE matrix fan, loved this game. Spent a lot of nights playing it.

Thanks for all the hard work, this project is VERY worth it. I think you could end up being the reason the game is re-activated or re-released with updates. Huge potential here, your work IS WORTH IT!

RE: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - rajkosto - 17-01-2017

You ignored the advice to check "Always use Loading Area" and save your character profile on the website. You then proceeded to keep using -char even though you know it just makes you load infinitely. Champion of "bang my head against the wall" 2017 so far.

RE: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - Sixxth - 17-01-2017

I had this EXACT same problem.

Removed -Char, checked always use loading area, clicked the save new position button.

This fixed the problem and it hasnt happened since.

You should try it, see if it works.

Side note: Alpha customers had to pay? I was in closed beta, I didnt have to pay.

RE: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - Vesuveus - 17-01-2017

(17-01-2017, 11:28 AM)Sixxth Wrote: I had this EXACT same problem.

Removed -Char, checked always use loading area, clicked the save new position button.

Side note: Alpha customers had to pay? I was in closed beta, I didnt have to pay.

I "bought" my way into beta by preordering the game when my app was never accepted. Does that make me a poser?

RE: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - rajkosto - 17-01-2017

You still remember the white hallway directions Vesuveus ?
they are ungoogleable nowadays.

RE: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - Vesuveus - 17-01-2017

The original entry points? I probably can get the coordinates from my saved map blips file. But once inside, I don't know that I have the directions. I will have to do some checking tonight.

RE: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - Resieh - 17-01-2017

(17-01-2017, 09:33 AM)rajkosto Wrote: You ignored the advice to check "Always use Loading Area" and save your character profile on the website. You then proceeded to keep using -char even though you know it just makes you load infinitely. Champion of "bang my head against the wall" 2017 so far.

Raj doesnt take any shit lol I love it

RE: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - rajkosto - 18-01-2017

Problem when using all 3 of -user, -pwd, -char should be fixed with launcher 7.6003

RE: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - Room502 - 18-01-2017

I didn't pay either, I didn't know there was a paid beta. But, it was a heck of a lot of fun. I truly enjoyed my time there.

RE: New guy, working on green code issue. 8 hrs in so far. - Room502 - 18-01-2017

(17-01-2017, 02:18 PM)Vesuveus Wrote:
(17-01-2017, 11:28 AM)Sixxth Wrote: I had this EXACT same problem.

I "bought" my way into beta by preordering the game when my app was never accepted. Does that make me a poser?

It works, I don't want to cause any problems. Smile I'm just here to play and mind my own business.