The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Matrix Franchise Reboot Announced! - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Matrix Franchise Reboot Announced! (/showthread.php?tid=2266)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Matrix Franchise Reboot Announced! - Neopill - 18-03-2017

I think they will pursue the Morpheus story arc. The news stories of Morpheus on Neos screen before "WAKE UP NEO.....", the Agent interrogation about Neo knowing the whereabouts of Morpheus. His importance in the simulation as well as out. The focus was on the One in the trilogy. They never explored in any depth why Morpheus was so passionate. Really only that him and Commander Locke had beef and Niobe was why.

My hopes are they follow his awakening and the forming of the crew of the Nebuchadnezzar and how he became the Systems greatest threat.

RE: Matrix Franchise Reboot Announced! - Sixxth - 18-03-2017

It interesting to read on the different sites and chats what people think they want to see in a matrix reboot or side story movie.

So far I havent found anyones ideas as anything I would want to go see. Nothing from the animatrix, which I thought ranged from sorta ok to bad.

As far as in depth look at characters we already know....I dunno. Other than Neo, I dont care about anyone from the Nebuchadnezzar crew. They were just catalysts to advance the Neo hero's journey story arc.

And lets face it, anything that happened in the real world was awful, boring, uninteresting. So, forget caves and councils and hovercrafts, ZERO interest. Same with the world when the machines were taking over, dont care to see humanity's submission. We know how that ends, with pods. So skip that.

Maybe its mildly interesting to see an iteration of a previous One. but you know, what made the first movie so so great for me was the discovery . HOW did the computer talk to Neo, HOW did it know about the white rabbit, HOW does trinity know what Neos been doing, HOW was she able to jump those great distances (and how did the Agent keep up) etc etc. All of those awesome elements as you slowly figured out what was going on, THATS what made the first movie so great.

So to see a previous One wont have the same appeal - you already KNOW how he can do those things. And how it ends: with a reboot when he returns to the source.

I would be kinda interested to see the months that intervene between the ending of the first movie, and the beginning of the second. Neo slowly becoming more powerful and getting command of his abilities. But even that....we know were it leads. Also, Neo would have to look much younger than Keanu now looks.

Obviously, all theses thing are just what I think, I know many people think some of these things would be cool to see.

Bottom line for me: the more I think about it, I cant imagine what they can show me that would be as great, and have the same impact as the first movie.

RE: Matrix Franchise Reboot Announced! - The None - 22-03-2017

(18-03-2017, 06:31 PM)Sixxth Wrote: It interesting to read on the different sites and chats what people think they want to see in a matrix reboot or side story movie.

So far I havent found anyones ideas as anything I would want to go see. Nothing from the animatrix, which I thought ranged from sorta ok to bad.

As far as in depth look at characters we already know....I dunno. Other than Neo, I dont care about anyone from the Nebuchadnezzar crew. They were just catalysts to advance the Neo hero's journey story arc.

And lets face it, anything that happened in the real world was awful, boring, uninteresting. So, forget caves and councils and hovercrafts, ZERO interest. Same with the world when the machines were taking over, dont care to see humanity's submission. We know how that ends, with pods. So skip that.

Maybe its mildly interesting to see an iteration of a previous One. but you know, what made the first movie so so great for me was the discovery . HOW did the computer talk to Neo, HOW did it know about the white rabbit, HOW does trinity know what Neos been doing, HOW was she able to jump those great distances (and how did the Agent keep up) etc etc. All of those awesome elements as you slowly figured out what was going on, THATS what made the first movie so great.

So to see a previous One wont have the same appeal - you already KNOW how he can do those things. And how it ends: with a reboot when he returns to the source.

I would be kinda interested to see the months that intervene between the ending of the first movie, and the beginning of the second. Neo slowly becoming more powerful and getting command of his abilities. But even that....we know were it leads. Also, Neo would have to look much younger than Keanu now looks.

Obviously, all theses thing are just what I think, I know many people think some of these things would be cool to see.

Bottom line for me: the more I think about it, I cant imagine what they can show me that would be as great, and have the same impact as the first movie.

You know...I agreed with everything you said until I saw Xmen:Apocalypse. Some of the stuff Apocalypse could do, and the effects that supported it were super out there and actually really cool. Melting matter? Bending time and space? Sure, Neo stopped bullets, and slowed time, but aside from these, hyper jumping (flying), and some light wizardry, the realm of abilities is near limitless now, especially with some of the stuff we've seen in movies like Inception, Dr. Strange, and the like.

I still agree that a movie following Morpheus just getting to helm his ship would be boring, but with the right dose of effects, and possible other iterations of The One showing us that maybe Neo was kind of weak in his power compared to the mind blowing stuff we haven't seen yet --- I think the movie could work. But if they make a movie about the real world and caves and shit, lots of people would be unhappy...

RE: Matrix Franchise Reboot Announced! - Resieh - 26-03-2017

The best thing they could do is make a full length live action movie based on the Story of the uprising of the machines like the Animatrix

That IMO will be the only good thing they can do..if they decide to do anything else I just know they will fuck it up.

RE: Matrix Franchise Reboot Announced! - rajin - 24-08-2017

(16-03-2017, 08:12 PM)The None Wrote:
(16-03-2017, 08:03 PM)DeaconBlue Wrote: I am alittle upset they are trying to "reboot" The Matrix. Unless they are making another movie *after* the trilogy I am simply upset. I know the movie is older but it just doesn't feel like it needs a reboot.

So from what I've read, they're not "remaking" the original film, but rather they've taken interest in the expanded Universe model of Star Wars, and are pursuing something like that. Personally, I can't wait.

I've always wondered why they haven't expanded it myself. I'd watch a movie a year. I really would.