The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Using MXOEMU on Mac via wine - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The MxO Client (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Using MXOEMU on Mac via wine (/showthread.php?tid=2276)

Using MXOEMU on Mac via wine - SplinterPill - 14-05-2017

Hey I have a mac and I downloaded the launcher and I'm able to run it rather smoothly. My account has not be registered, since i can't get passed the EULA page. When ever I click ACCEPT, I get this pop up

Patch system error (result code -47)

URL open failed. Patch servers down or internet connection problem.

And on the launcher it self it says

Launch version: v7.5668
Client version: v7.5668

Received unexpected result code from patcher (0)

Thing is, i downloaded the patch and (I'm pretty sure) put it in the right folder. Is there a possible way to fix this? Or am I just wasting my time?

I can supply pictures if I need to.

RE: Using MXOEMU on Mac via wine - rajkosto - 17-05-2017

MxO doesn't work via WINE sorry
You can run it (at low fps) via VMWare Workstation/Fusion on Windows XP though (best to have rd3d_disable.txt in the folder then).

RE: Using MXOEMU on Mac via wine - BlackRabbit002 - 03-10-2017

(17-05-2017, 03:01 PM)rajkosto Wrote: MxO doesn't work via WINE sorry
You can run it (at low fps) via VMWare Workstation/Fusion on Windows XP though (best to have rd3d_disable.txt in the folder then).

I have been having this exact problem, completely identical situation, but I'm running it on 32-bit Windows 10. I believe I extracted everything correctly, very confused...

RE: Using MXOEMU on Mac via wine - toehley - 26-12-2021

Sorry to Necro a long-dead thread, but for those still looking to do this, it's possible to play MxO on Mac with CrossOver:

1. Install CrossOver (there's a 14-day trial if you don't want to buy it)
2. Create a bottle for MxO
3. Download the MxO zip file from the MxOEmu homepage (and register a login if you haven't already)
4. Either
a) navigate to the C: drive by right-clicking on the bottle and copy the contents of the zip file to anywhere (a folder) on the C: drive
-OR-
b) click "Install Windows Application" and choose the contents of the zip file as your installer directory
5. Via "Install Windows Application" install DirectX 9 (search for DirectX for Modern Games)
6. Via "Install Windows Application" install Direct Music (search for Direct Music)
7. Navigate to the C: drive by right-clicking on the bottle
8. Go to the folder you installed MxO to and double click on Launcher.exe
9. Login
10. Voila!

RE: Using MXOEMU on Mac via wine - rajkosto - 26-12-2021

Keep in mind that the graphics are messed up (fullbright, weird models) unless you use dxvk on wine, which isnt available on Mac because no vulkan