The Matrix Online Server Emulator
dead project - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: dead project (/showthread.php?tid=2430)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: dead project - NeoMatrixology - 29-07-2019

That's the most amazing part of the detail to me, the uniqueness of the experience of the dreamer is completely at the whim of the dreamer. Not any physical rules. And that's one of the things I loved about the movie Inception when she says that it isn't so much about the look as it is the way things feel. Yes, they feel absolutely real indeed! Ironically though, one of my consistent reality checks is to look at my hands. It is kind of like my totem in the sense that in reality, my hands always look a certain specific way. I can see my scars, skin texture, etc

In a lucid dream however, no matter how real everything else looks or feels in that dream, IF I stop and stare at my hands they look somewhat animated, Gaussian blurry, or wavy. It will allow me to realize I am in the dream space and take control. Light switches also never work for me in my dreams, but there isn't always a light switch around. Same thing with printed text and watches, very hard to read in the dream space, but not always available.

RE: dead project - bitbomb - 29-07-2019

Light switches are a good check when you're in a dream, but that can be really confusing when they fail in real life. That's happened to me a couple times. The worst was when that happened after a long chain of false awakenings.

This thread totally morphed into a dream thread lol

RE: dead project - NeoMatrixology - 30-07-2019

I can try to steer it back on topic with an observation of a little Poetic justice here. The full circle of this thread, of these efforts. It's not a dead project, because just as we share the waking dream of the real world every day, we once shared that original Matrix dream online, so while this project may be dead to some, it is still a dream for others. And you don't have to chase the dream for it to inspire you, simply remembering that you dreamed at all, is the most challenging part.

RE: dead project - rajkosto - 30-07-2019

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw
(seriously tho, i am still working on this stuff, especially now in the summer when i have free time)

RE: dead project - Sixxth - 05-08-2019

(30-07-2019, 11:18 AM)rajkosto Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d6yBHDvKUw
(seriously tho, i am still working on this stuff, especially now in the summer when i have free time)

BOOM

f the doubters

RE: dead project - bitbomb - 05-08-2019

Gotta have faith-a-faith-a-faith-ahhhhhhhh

RE: dead project - Lubu15 - 07-08-2019

Bless you Rajkosto. You deserve all the medals.

I wish I knew how to program. I would love to be on the front line with you

RE: dead project - pr0sper0 - 09-08-2019

(29-07-2019, 01:29 PM)bitbomb Wrote: Light switches are a good check when you're in a dream, but that can be really confusing when they fail in real life. That's happened to me a couple times. The worst was when that happened after a long chain of false awakenings.

Where's Vesuveus and the Institute of Dream Interpretation when you need him?

RE: dead project - NeoMatrixology - 11-08-2019

(09-08-2019, 10:13 PM)pr0sper0 Wrote:
(29-07-2019, 01:29 PM)bitbomb Wrote: Light switches are a good check when you're in a dream, but that can be really confusing when they fail in real life. That's happened to me a couple times. The worst was when that happened after a long chain of false awakenings.

Where's Vesuveus and the Institute of Dream Interpretation when you need him?

I think he's kicking it on Instagram mostly, looks like his tweets are auto posting from there.

RE: dead project - bitbomb - 11-08-2019

(07-08-2019, 03:49 AM)Lubu15 Wrote: Bless you Rajkosto. You deserve all the medals.

I wish I knew how to program. I would love to be on the front line with you

There's always the 'Donate' button on the front page! I couldn't possibly surmise how many hours Rajko has put into this project when he has the time to do it, and we all sure appreciate it a ton.