The Matrix Online Server Emulator
MXO - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: Archived/ Unnecessary Threads! (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Closed/ Unnecessary Threads! (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: MXO (/showthread.php?tid=2521)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: MXO - Bizwald - 16-06-2019

Putting it back together:

Once the packs are sorted through, meshes put together and it's all saved into prefabs, we dump all into one project folder, and you run Unity and the MXO EMU together side by side and use the EMU as your blueprint, and Unity to put all the prefabs into place.
their all modular. Anyone who is good at puzzles will get it done fast. DT is easy as it was done properly. So the prefabs are easy to figure out and a bit less modular... but still modular lol.

Once the levels are done, open navmesh and bake it for the A.I. And add the ability for them to climb ladders to rooftops etc. For each area.

Each building's interior scenes are also modular. And don't exist in the way you think they do. But again they are turned into prefabs and you can use a randomize to assemble mission buildings etc using the prefabs at mission start. The floors and walls prefabs need to be navmesh baked as well.

The clubs etc all objects inside the clubs and so on and so on are all in these packs...

Now take it all and combined it. Drop the basic avatar with a skill tree of your choice.... drop the A.I, duke it out... and vola, you have the basic core of MXO.

Then I come along, add MFP and Photon do all the networking for ya. And set up the databases, give you access to the whiteroom and the architects room (Admin) control center for making missions/users/Items/whiteroom/controls etc etc and you do the rest.
I won't have time after it's done. And I'll get some serious heat I'm sure if your successful. But that is my problem, the machines can kiss my ass. I'm only showing you the door, you have to walk through it.

I also have a Zion and Machine world expansion, I thought maybe we could go look for Neo and Trinity....

I'm not a texture guy so they are very basic... They need a good texture artist to bring them to life.

Also I suppose I forgot to mention. I also got access to the models, scenes and animations and textures from Path of Neo. Smile & Enter The Matrix.
Just to add some icing on the proverbial cake.

RE: MXO - Bizwald - 17-06-2019

Here is a pack of models and textures from Enter The Matrix (Post office) and some buildings from the first scene. Place it in the Unity folder in the assets directory. Have alot of these to go through. Once again... none of the scenes are full models and their positions not stored in the files. So once again it's 0,0,0 but the textures and mesh numbers go hand in hand and in order... I put a prefab of Ghost and his partner Loading up ready to go. Again these are the original meshes and textures. Both in tif and Dds. in FBX format as unity likes FBX alot. Smile

https://megaupload.nz/I2D37av4n1/enterthematrix_rar

I will post one from Path of Neo eventually.

I will put up a site eventually and a working self updating multiplayer .exe. So that it will be easy to check out what I'm doing as I progress along.

Each scene will be a self contained area of MXO untill the scenes are finished.

I have no idea what anyone can do to help. I guess that is up to you...

RE: MXO - spacecowboy - 19-06-2019

I think this is a beautiful idea and an excellent vision of how to get there.
I just wish we could recruit a team and split up tasks.
I greatly appreciate the info and knowledge dump for those of us unfamiliar with Unity game development.

My career has been mostly centered around SQL/Python/Java/Powershell/Data Processing, and as far as assets go, I can assist with audio and have a friend who is a texture artist.

Although I cannot (at this time) leave the corporate 9-5 gig to work on game development, I'd like to see this project come to fruition, and would love to be a part of it somehow. I've downloaded the 'MXO.rar' and will be going through the files to try and make sense of things. If we can get a road-map together or delegate the easy stuff with documentation (for those unfamiliar with processes), I think we can make some serious headway.

Again thank you for taking the lead on this idea and for "opening the door".

RE: MXO - Bizwald - 19-06-2019

If I don't get this out of my head and finished, it's going to drive me mad.
It's getting done. It's just a matter how fast, and how much I can put in the final end result.
Doing it alone, It will be cool. If people help and open more time up for me to work on something besides the clothing and layout I can put alot more into the core of the engine and the fight system and skill system and then it will be just bad ass

As it stands... The animations are not translating to the Unity rig well. The animations are not that big of a deal, but I have a feeling I'll be doing them from scratch, But also not a big deal. Again just time consuming. So while we got the content now and it needs to be sorted out I think it could be expanded on and added to. Using new and old buildings and some layout configuration everything can get a big O upgrade, and I don't think the area's need to be separated now. Unity allows us to not render what we don't see and are not using. And background loading has improved a great deal since MXO's time... So... I also just pulled out the court yard for Smiths and Neo's fight took place. So that can be inserted intot he MXO landscape... and so on... kinda mesh all the parts of the Matrixes Including Zion and the Machine world Into a few Maps. Smile

RE: MXO - Neopill - 20-06-2019

The courtyard where Neo and the Smiths battle already exists just north of Mara C hardline.

RE: MXO - Bizwald - 20-06-2019

It don't look like it at all. not even a little bit.... It looks like every other courtyard in MXO ... lol... Still replacing it with the one from Path of Neo. It looks like it did in the movie.

RE: MXO - Bizwald - 21-06-2019

http://mxo.vroasis.live Made a sub domain. with a basic forum. I'll get it finished in the next week or so. Hoping I get a few of the others from my tiny team to take interest. I'll stop polluting your forum with my dreams of grandeur. Smile

You don't have to register or nothing to get access or read it.

RE: MXO - rajkosto - 23-06-2019

Never forget VR.INTER.NET