The Matrix Online Server Emulator
UE4 development progress? - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: UE4 development progress? (/showthread.php?tid=2568)

Pages: 1 2

UE4 development progress? - ColonelDeagle - 31-08-2019

Okay so I heard of the UE4 project since 2016 and it's near 2020, will there be any new glimpse of the project? It's getting slightly frustrating to go back to the mxo emulator and see how empty it is.

RE: UE4 development progress? - Sixxth - 01-09-2019

(31-08-2019, 10:16 PM)ColonelDeagle Wrote: Okay so I heard of the UE4 project since 2016 and it's near 2020, will there be any new glimpse of the project? It's getting slightly frustrating to go back to the mxo emulator and see how empty it is.

You can always go play Wow classic.

One person, ONE, is bringing Mxo back to life. If you read through the forums, youd realize that the emu server is offered to us as a courtesy, a taste of what there was, but it is not the end goal.

If you find it frustrating, try reverse engineering everything that was mxo from packets when the game was live. Or how about breaking the authentication to just be able to log onto a server from the client. Know what Im talking about? No?

Imagine if Rajko decided to take the emu down....how frustrating would that be?

Be happy this is a server to log onto, enjoy what is there. Im thankful, we all should be.

RE: UE4 development progress? - rajkosto - 01-09-2019

why so angery, sixxth ?

as for the original question: "Time goes by so slowly for those who wait", relax, enjoy life, mixo will come eventually

RE: UE4 development progress? - Sixxth - 01-09-2019

(01-09-2019, 03:59 AM)rajkosto Wrote: why so angery, sixxth ?

as for the original question: "Time goes by so slowly for those who wait", relax, enjoy life, mixo will come eventually

lol

Tired of seeing the noobs come here, bitch, then disappear.

For like....years.

But yeah, Ill chill lol

RE: UE4 development progress? - Rxu - 09-12-2019

Rajko, if you are still on this Thank you Sir!

RE: UE4 development progress? - Wyntar - 28-03-2020

Rajkosto,

Thank you for your hard work and dedication. MxO was my first MMORPG. I played MxO from the start till the day the server (Vector) kicked me off and never let me back on. I love this game. I had just joined the Furious Angels too...lol remember T-bone? Just the sound of the client launching and the green pixels falling makes my heart skip a beat (no joke) for a moment with excitement. I heard about your efforts through a vice.com article and eagerly signed up 2yrs ago and still keep tabs on status. I understand OPs frustration in the sense of I simply cant wait for this thing I love to make a return. Having no knowledge of coding or the massive effort you undertook, I want to say I appreciate what you have given us. With Matrix 4 being released next year, I am hopeful it will revive the MxO online community and increase support as well as demand for this game. Smile

Link to article: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/53g5dk/the-death-and-rebirth-of-the-matrix-online

Thank you Rajkosto, very much for keeping this alive.

Wyntar

RE: UE4 development progress? - Magnentius - 29-03-2020

(01-09-2019, 06:57 AM)Sixxth Wrote:

lol

Tired of seeing the noobs come here, bitch, then disappear.

For like....years.

But yeah, Ill chill lol

Way to flame a member that asked a straight-forward, legit question. Calling people who have taken the time to create a user account, trust & download 6 Gigs of a 15 year old dead-game to their harddrive, and keep it there for over 4 years n00bs, is not vet-like, mature or L33t.

I myself played mxo only from launch to crump, but I didn't participate in beta, so my char never had beta clothes, does this make me n00b? I also had a character on Vecktor but liked and played Iterator turned Recursion more, does that make me n00b? Just like the OP I've been jacking in and out of this emu for 4 years too. Once again, like the OP, I myself have wondered about the progress of this emu as well as HD. Sure I drop by these forums from time to time, but MxO dropped in 2005 when I was in my 20's. Now I have a few more responsibilities to attend to such as supporting my active-duty military family during a world-wide pandemic. So daily forum binge-ing is really not an option for me. Does that make me n00b? Should I go play Wow classic too?

I like most, am well aware of Rajkosto's (now) lone efforts on mxoemu, and I like thousands of others applaud and praise his persistence. However, that level of praise & fame should not mean that "fans" of Rajkosto gets triggered into cult-like behavior because of what they perceive to be a little crit.

Furthermore, spamming off jargon like reverse-engineering, packets, and breaking the authentication to boast your own expertise in the subject matter only makes me wonder why Rajkosto is working alone when he's got you.

If Rajkosto is indeed the sole CSR of mxoemu, then the most appropriate response to the OP's question should come from non-other than Rajkosto.

Lastly, if Rajko decided to take the emu down then I'm sure we'd offer him much love as I would hope he would reciprocate that love for our participation & feedback. Some would hope for a future mxo, and some would login to one of the other emu's. Even so, no emu should be so arrogant as to claim offering someone else's IP as a courtesy.

RE: UE4 development progress? - chknegg - 11-04-2020

I'm 100% new to MXO but not new to MMORPGs in general -- especially private server and emu projects. Over 120 different games (and 200 private server / emu projects) for various private server / emu MMORPGs installed currently. Hopefully this project has something for both my wife and I to enjoy and if not - the one man resurrects an MMORPG story is sufficient for me to play.

For the OP - my wife and I will jump on and play when you do if you want someone else in world.

RE: UE4 development progress? - Xanz - 17-04-2020

Seeing as this post is already here...

I would like to also know the status of the UE4 build. I am very interested in messing around with the emulator and moving it over to another engine. Obviously from the work I saw in that old post it seems like you have already started the process. I am not particularly interested in porting the game over to UE4 but to a personal OpenGL engine.(Mainly for the personal learning experience but also because I think MXO is just an interesting game). However I don't really want to create something that could potentially side line something you have put a lot of time into or something I put a lot of time into only to be overshadowed by what you produce!(Which by the images looks really cool so far!)

To cut this short, would you be able to briefly outline what has been accomplished by you in your UE4 build? e.g. Missions, NPC interaction... Stuff like that.

I hope this isn't asking too much, but I've been checking the forums for several years now so figured I would post now that I have the time to actually do something to possibly help.

RE: UE4 development progress? - Odelia - 23-11-2023

One person, ONE, is bringing Mxo back to life. If you read through the forums, youd realize that the emu server is offered to us as a courtesy, a taste of what there was, but it is not the end goal.

If you find it frustrating, try reverse engineering everything that was mxo from packets when the game was live. Or how about breaking the authentication to just be able to log onto a server from the client. Know what Im talking about? No?