The Matrix Online Server Emulator
The Agency - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: The Agency (/showthread.php?tid=261)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: The Agency - Rxu - 23-01-2010

I believe they had "some" ability to manipulate the database, otherwise how could you explain CR2? or the massive nerfing SOE poured into once valuable dungeon drops.

RE: The Agency - Bayamos - 23-01-2010

item stats weren't stored in the db; they were in gameobjects.pkb and the server process had a copy as well. the database would just say 'player has x item'; the packmaps would define what that meant.

but yeah, they could edit the db, as was seen with XP and info and CQ near the end. I think it was more just a) laziness or b) they didn't know how to deal with complications, like making the new server have 9 characters per, or determining how to crush 9 characters into 3, how to migrate all the chat names to new ones that had valid soechat addresses, blah etc.

RE: The Agency - HD_Morpheus - 23-01-2010

i'm with bay in the affirmations.

probably a mix of 1(bigger %) and 2 (soe connection must suck).

RE: The Agency - Sanmarco - 01-04-2011

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/115/1158571p1.html

The agency is cancelled

RE: The Agency - QuiDormit - 01-04-2011

So are about 205 people's jobs. Crazy.

Inevitable but crazy.

RE: The Agency - Metalogic - 01-04-2011

I feel sorry for those who lost their jobs, I do. However, hasn't this been a long time coming with SOE and their business practices and crappy customer relations?

RE: The Agency - QuiDormit - 01-04-2011

It's easy to say that, but it's harder to actually be the one losing your job because your company makes poor decisions.

RE: The Agency - Aquilae - 01-04-2011

And yet, Vanguard, which haven't had an update in a YEAR, is still around.

RE: The Agency - Metalogic - 01-04-2011

(01-04-2011, 09:43 PM)Aquilae Wrote: And yet, Vanguard, which haven't had an update in a YEAR, is still around.

I think SOE will be trimming down their MMO list very soon. The only games I think they'll save is DCUO, and Everquest. All the other games, Planetside, Vanguard, Star Wars Galaxies, etc. they'll all be shut down.

RE: The Agency - QuiDormit - 02-04-2011

I think they'll keep SWG until at least TOR is released. As the only Star Wars MMO, they've got a little bit of a cash cow there for a little while longer.