The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Looking to help - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Looking to help (/showthread.php?tid=2766)

Looking to help - Grenoble87 - 16-09-2021

Hi, I'm new here.

Always wanted to play The Matrix Online back in the day. Due to a busy schedule and bad timing of events, I never got to and then the game shutdown.

That always disappointed me and since then I've looked into anything i could on what the game was like.

I work as a software dev, and although my game dev experience is limited, I'm very curious how this game was set up and I'd like to help out if I can. I may not have much time, but I could probably dedicate a few hours a week which might be a help.

Sorry if I missed a post about this topic already. i wasn't sure where to post. If anyone sees this, could you please let me know how I could get involved?

RE: Looking to help - rajkosto - 19-09-2021

What kind of software dev ? most wouldnt want to do that at home if they do it as a job, and dont know how useful that little time would be, especially since there is a lot of things one must know beforehand

RE: Looking to help - Grenoble87 - 20-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 03:21 AM)rajkosto Wrote: What kind of software dev ? most wouldnt want to do that at home if they do it as a job, and dont know how useful that little time would be, especially since there is a lot of things one must know beforehand

I do a variety of things depending on what's needed for my employer. Lately I've done mostly web dev, web scrapers, mobile dev. Not super related to game development, I know, but if there's any task I could do to speed things up or help out, or if there were onboarding docs to had to help me understand how the game works, that would be cool.

RE: Looking to help - rajkosto - 22-09-2021

Could always do with a website not made haphazardly in 2010 then, should DM me on discord for more info