The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The MxO Client (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server (/showthread.php?tid=278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Machete - 25-02-2010

Thanks to everyone's help in here, I got a local server going, as well as setup my test server details. Can't wait to login to the test server Smile

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - MxORules1 - 02-03-2010

thanks for the guide and the hard work of the team. I am an idiot, we'll get that out of the way, but I have a couple questions.

I completed the steps in the metalogic's guide. I launch the game per instructions. I see the "lolcharacter" on the recursion server near the top. I select the character and click the continue button...then get the following error message:

fileclient.dll could not be set up properly. No available render modes were detected. The application is now shutting down.

I have read all twelve pages of this thread as well as the FAQ thread and haven't seen this error. I'd appreciate any help. thx.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - QuiDormit - 02-03-2010

Hm, sounds like you're missing client.dll entirely. I'll see if I can get a clean and working one up somewhere for you when I get back home.

(02-03-2010, 03:09 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: Hm, sounds like you're missing client.dll entirely. I'll see if I can get a clean and working one up somewhere for you when I get back home.

i would appreciate it! thank you.

Check your PM's.

(02-03-2010, 04:52 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: Check your PM's.

I downloaded that and replaced the client.dll in the mxo folder (apparently there was one in there). Unfortunately, I get the same error message.

thx for trying to help. Hopefully you or someone else will have some more tips.

That's really weird, and it's a new one to me.

I guess I'll get the basics out of the way for the sake of it... What OS are you running?

(02-03-2010, 07:17 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: That's really weird, and it's a new one to me.

I guess I'll get the basics out of the way for the sake of it... What OS are you running?

windows xp service pack 3. I downloaded all 4 things metalogic put at the beginning of the guide and did not seem to have any problems setting up proper folders or copying things to respective folders. appserv set up seemed to go well as well.

When I click continue after selecting lolcharacter...it just gives that error message i indicated and shuts down. I am running realitymood.exe shortcut before clicking on matrix2.bat shortcut.

i'm definately lost.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Aegir - 03-03-2010

I don't think this will help MxORules1, but I was having problems with a 'cannot connect to Margin server' error or something similar. Maybe this sounds obvious but I worked out that the internet connection still has to be plugged in (I'm in the habit of video chatting on skype on a netbook while I play games on my main computer), even though the game is running locally.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - rajkosto - 03-03-2010

It needs to be able to resolve the DNS entry hurp durp