The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The MxO Client (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server (/showthread.php?tid=278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - MxORules1 - 03-03-2010

(03-03-2010, 02:05 AM)rajkosto Wrote: It needs to be able to resolve the DNS entry hurp durp

thanks for all the replies, and please forgive my ignorance, but I'm afraid to go "exploring" willy-nilly in the files. I am connected to the internet when trying to play, and if there is a DNS resolution issue, I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the direction of the file I'd have to fix this in.

thank you.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - rajkosto - 03-03-2010

If post is not quoted, means im replying to the last post, so, not yours.
I dunno whats problem with your client.dll, if it worked fine in retail game on their servers should work fine here too

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - MxORules1 - 03-03-2010

sorry. I wasn't sure if you were recommending a course of action.

update: did some internet research and I think my issue is related to a video driver issue. I've had to reformat my computer (still pretty old..but runs mxo fine). At any rate, I can't find a driver for my ati radeon 9550...and windows doesn't know what my graphics card is..it's using generic and I think that's why client.dll can't do any render modes.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Neopill - 04-03-2010

http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-388-post-7773.html#pid7773

its stoner/idiot/nub/douche/drunk/retard/roflnoob proof

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - rajkosto - 04-03-2010

well yes, mxo does need to have d3d working obviously, before it can start
https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206/0/www2.ati.com/drivers/10-2_legacy_xp32-64_dd_ccc.exe

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - arvidbert96 - 08-03-2010

when i open matrix2 with realitymood running this box pops up

----------------------------------------------------------------------
an error has occurred while connecting to the patch download server |

----------------------------------------------------------------------

and when i delete everything after password in the CONF file it says Error starting database please help

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - QuiDormit - 08-03-2010

Run Matrix2.BAT and NOT Matrix2.exe

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - GzusCriest - 13-03-2010

Just in case Matrix2.bat is somehow/someway not in ur MxO folder heres the file for u.[attachment=120]
unzip and put the file in ur MxO game folder.

ok, now we got that out of the way here's my question, is it normal that i get lag (or lag like effect) when i run the game?
cuz every few meters or so the game freezes a quarter to half a second and then continues while all ingame objects jump ahead a few meters to the position they are supposed to be.
any1 knows a solution to this problem?

after paying some more attention to what actually happens i noticed that this effect occurs around every 4th or 5th step, its not the excact same frequency every time but in general it comes to that 4th 5th step ritm.
the game also freezes up a lot every few mins (at least once a min for a second or 20), any suggestions?

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - czytoonfan - 13-03-2010

(23-02-2010, 05:45 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: http://wiki.github.com/rajkosto/mxoemu/environment-setup
Step 3
ok when i try to set up the mysql sever and i go theought the step when i get to the last one where after it askes for root password and it say to press execute and i do it says it cant start service error:cannot create windows service for mysql. error:0 what do i do

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - rajkosto - 14-03-2010

install it as admin ? i dunno youre fucked, this isnt mysql support boards