The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The MxO Client (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server (/showthread.php?tid=278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Rxu - 19-03-2010

Hiro, just FYI,

MXO has pretty good character creation options but they don't allow for full manipulation of your character. I am under the impression you never played MXO live, so I recommend you make some more attempts at getting the standalone server running and playing around with the dermaclothing utility.

When you do get set up and running, make sure you thank Gerik and Rajko and anybody else who has offered some advise.[/align]

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Hiro - 19-03-2010

(19-03-2010, 04:50 PM)Rxu Wrote: Hiro, just FYI,

MXO has pretty good character creation options but they don't allow for full manipulation of your character. I am under the impression you never played MXO live, so I recommend you make some more attempts at getting the standalone server running and playing around with the dermaclothing utility.

When you do get set up and running, make sure you thank Gerik and Rajko and anybody else who has offered some advise.[/align]

Hi, I'm absolutely thankful for the advice I get. I once bought the game in 2006 or so on eBay. But I never came to play the game, because I only got blank screens... (got tons of mail-conversation with Sony) now I've built a new computer and want to give it a new shot, but since Sony stopped, I got here...

Now I want to install the server, but got nothing to work (till now, I'm not gonna stop searching...)
I don't think it matters if I install the server on a linux box? (except for the executables, I think I'm gonna need to wine them)...

But anyhow thanks is already at your entire team!

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - zamora - 21-03-2010

on the first page in the idiots guide it keeps referring to a MxO folder is that the folder you have if you downloaded the game when it was available for free download? i mean is it the matrix online zip folder or the sony folder that you get in your program files after you install the matrix online application?

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - QuiDormit - 21-03-2010

OMFG are you kidding me?!!?!??!

THIS IS THE FOLDER WHERE THE GAME IS ON YOUR HARD DRIVE.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - zamora - 21-03-2010

do i put everything in the client folder in the mxo folder or just the client.dll? im lost

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Neo VII - 22-03-2010

Are your talking about the clientMOD.dll that you need to switch with the regular client.dll to see mission areas etc or are you still just trying to get the test server or stand alone to work?

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - zamora - 22-03-2010

im still trying to get the stand alone to work and whats the clent mod.dll? also my computer keeps saying something about the file being corrupt

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - QuiDormit - 22-03-2010

Ignore the clientMOD.dll

If you can't even get the game running, that's not for you.

all im asking is to get the stand alone running do i put everything in the client folder into the mxo folder or just client.dll?

the client file is corrupt and i cant put it in my mxo folder please have rajkosto fix it