The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The MxO Client (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server (/showthread.php?tid=278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - D0s - 25-03-2010

awesome

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Mechlord - 28-03-2010

I keep getting a message saying that I failed to connect to the margin server, and that it's shutting down. Any advice or opinions would be appreciated. Please and thanks.[/size][/font]

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - juku155 - 29-03-2010

lol when i put http://localhost/phpMyAdmin/ into adress bar i get nothing , any help? i use IE

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - QuiDormit - 29-03-2010

Did you reboot (or at least kill explorer and re-run it?) yet?

Reboot, then try. I bet the services haven't started yet, and that's why you can't access it.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - redoman - 30-03-2010

Um hay, I'm new around here and yeh I will be an idiot now so

I dl'd all the files I could, yet I cant find this one ''MXO Compiled Server (September) FIXED BAT.rar''

Where should I look after it? o.o

Update: now even more problem, installed appserv ..I totally remember my pass and when tring to log in with

Root

*mypass*

It's simply says noshet u cant goaway etc, so :S Like I forgot my pass, and I cant forgot my username if it's Root as you say

Update: okay appserv problem sorted XD only rar to go

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Ra2za - 04-04-2010

Hi I am going to be an idiot and ask for some pointers,
I have followed the step by step guide and thought I had done everything right but I am getting the message when I run Matrix2 and get to the launcher

It starts to sign in with loluser and password etc then I get the message:

Authenticating...Failure. The Auth servers are unavailable. Please try again later.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something. I am reading over the step by step over and over and really think I have followed it to the letter.

Any help really appreciated.
Thanks

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Lynner - 04-04-2010

(29-03-2010, 06:22 AM)juku155 Wrote: lol when i put http://localhost/phpMyAdmin/ into adress bar i get nothing , any help? i use IE

Make sure that the apache service is running on your machine. I had the same issue as soon as I started apache it worked. You could also login into mysql through the CMD
C:\ mysql -u root -p
Password:
create database reality;
then exit out and do this command
C:\"Location of the reality.sql file\
then run:
mysql -u root reality -p < reality.sql
Password:
And that will import the DB that way as well

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - QuiDormit - 05-04-2010

(04-04-2010, 04:59 PM)Ra2za Wrote: Hi I am going to be an idiot and ask for some pointers,
I have followed the step by step guide and thought I had done everything right but I am getting the message when I run Matrix2 and get to the launcher

It starts to sign in with loluser and password etc then I get the message:

Authenticating...Failure. The Auth servers are unavailable. Please try again later.

Am I doing something wrong or missing something. I am reading over the step by step over and over and really think I have followed it to the letter.

Any help really appreciated.
Thanks

Use matrix2.bat and not matrix2.exe

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - Lynner - 05-04-2010

Alright, Question Have been up and down all the forums but has anyone got the character creation stuff to work? or am I missing something?

I actually didn't have any problems installing the client. "GO SLOW AND READ THE GUIDE VERY CAREFULLY!!!!

I will be available later this week if people are still having extreme issues with it. (After 5PM Central Standard Time) to get the client up and running.

just PM me and we can setup a time I want everyone to have a chance at this thing since I played it back in the day, and was ecstatic to hear it was coming back to life.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - QuiDormit - 05-04-2010

http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-168.html

Gerik Wrote:Q: "I can't make a character, should I use one of the already made ones?"
A: Yes, use 'lolcharacter' for now till character creation is working again.