The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The MxO Client (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: Obsolete guide to install an old version of local server (/showthread.php?tid=278)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - QuiDormit - 26-01-2011

Appserv is a wonky piece of crap.

That's why in the guide that I posted, I used XAMPP. It doesn't install services into Windows (unless you want it to) unlike the other SQL database applications.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - RowdyGowdy - 31-01-2011

Thanks all - easily installed and works fine on my old Alienware Area-51 m7700 laptop.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - jenznator - 21-05-2011

I don't mean to dig up an old post, but the mood file is down. Is there another link to download?

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - rajkosto - 21-05-2011

Who cares, just connect to the test server

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - jenznator - 21-05-2011

That's the problem....I'm getting hung up on the appserv portion. When I installed appserv, I designated the password. I know the user is root, but no matter what I try the password it won't let me log on.

Please advise (without getting flamed?)

EDIT: I read from the older posts you can use XAMPP....but is there a link for a guide to install using the alternate client?

EDIT: Managed to get appserv working and the files uploaded, but I still keep getting stuck on the authentication server.

RE: Idiot's Guide to Installing MxOE - QuiDormit - 21-05-2011

Wait, why are you trying to use the localserver version. This thread needs to be closed.

This thread is for a one-player version of the game that is VERY outdated. You'd be a million times better off removing everything, starting from scratch, and following the directions at http://mxoemu.info

The directions on that page will get you to the LIVE multiplayer server that is far more advanced.