The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Outer space of The Matrix - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Outer space of The Matrix (/showthread.php?tid=354)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Outer space of The Matrix - horsepants416 - 15-02-2010

do you think the matrix simulates an entire universe? or just a planet....

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - MajTom - 15-02-2010

just a city

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - rajkosto - 15-02-2010

well it simulates atleast 500 miles, since thats how much he flew from "the mountains" to where the powerplant was
and also, on the monitors andstuff, you could see information in chiense,arabic, dont know if thers actually simulated or just here to make them think it is
when neo went to the architects room, and the key turned, you could see that he went outside the universe to somewhere else, to the god chambers or whatever

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - Aquilae - 15-02-2010

It's pretty crazy having the entire population of a city not to be able to travel around the world. Kinda like The Truman Show.

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - cloudwolf - 15-02-2010

Rarebit clarified at some point (dunno if i ever saved the post, will have to check) that the explaination he'd been writing with is that the Megacity is the center of the simulation and the further afield you get the less processing power is allocated to an area and the experience becomes less realistic and more dreamlike. This extended until the experiences become completely fabricated, like The Sentinel messages regarding Coboco being born abroad confirmed.

This was tied into the realisation that the population of the towers were much less than expected. Not only were The Machines only barely getting enough power to survive (the repurcussion being they chose human beings as an energy source not out of efficiency but out of curiousity or respect) but also that not all of the earth is being used for pod towers (hinting at the Oligarch Kingdom States).

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - Metalogic - 15-02-2010

I thought it was hinted that the machines had another power source beside the humans though. In The Matrix, Morpheus eluded to them using not only humans but a kind of fusion. This was also talked about in a few of The Merovingian critical missions. Of course they never went far with that idea, which is a shame because I think they should've.

As for them not simulating the whole planet, or even the Universe, how does one explain the newspaper article about Morpheus being spotted in Heathrow airport in London?

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - MajTom - 15-02-2010

I think the Truman show examples is the best...

the "form of fusion" is just a handwave explanation of how to get more usable energy out of a human than you put in...

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - Vesuveus - 15-02-2010

(15-02-2010, 12:43 PM)cloudwolf Wrote: This was tied into the realisation that the population of the towers were much less than expected. Not only were The Machines only barely getting enough power to survive (the repurcussion being they chose human beings as an energy source not out of efficiency but out of curiousity or respect) but also that not all of the earth is being used for pod towers (hinting at the Oligarch Kingdom States).

This was one of the best elements to the storyline, in my opinion. The question was weather the machines were using fusion or fision. I remember looking them up but not really understanding the difference between the 2 processes.

Rarebit was investigating an alternate power source which would put the machines as master by choice rather than necessity. His ideas got shot down by the wachowskis or Chadwick so it never played out.

I also like the explanation about the processing power.

Other places have to exist though. The mention of Heathrow as Metalogic mentioned and the comics talk about London as well.

Just because other places aren't talked about or seen doesn't mean they don't exist.

both fission and fusion are related with splitting/colliding atoms/subatomic particles, and thus have nothing to do with getting body heat out of a pod into electricity
they just said "fusion" to sound sciencey