The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Outer space of The Matrix - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Outer space of The Matrix (/showthread.php?tid=354)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - Barloke - 17-02-2010

I think the concept of Mega City being the "central hub" of operations with other outlying cities it seems to be a pretty solid one. If we take into account what we have seen in the games , movies , comics it seems that was the whole idea anyway. For me at least that fits, what's surprising considering I played as a Merv for so long is the whole Chatteau area being a little iffy. I mean really the place is basically 500 miles out in the middle of nowhere with no means (at least from what I could see) of getting there other than using the hallways or flying there. I'm not sure if I'm right about this but wasn't the outside of the Chatteau absent of any green matrix hue?

If that's the case i guess it would suggest it was an area outside of control of the Machines and if that's the case wouldn't cities like Heathrow be outside of control of the Machines since they would have to be more than 500 miles away?

Then there is the matter of airports and getting from one city or another. I don't think that any folks boarding a plane would all fall unconcious and be transported much like using a hardline from one city to the next. I would think the Machines would want to avoid something like that so know one would get suspicious as to how they got from point A to point B so fast or what happened in between time. If anything I would think the Machines would want the blue pills to experience travel like normal so as not to arouse suspicion. Then again just looking out the window from that far up would probably do it.

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - Rxu - 17-02-2010

Go watch Dark City....you'll understand how travel was restricted. And regarding Morpheus in London...think Shell Beach.

Because I saw that movie prior to the release of The Matrix I never really questioned the physical limits of the simulation. I understood that everything is controlled by the machines as long as your jacked in.

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - MajTom - 17-02-2010

great movie

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - Rycus - 19-02-2010

(15-02-2010, 12:43 PM)cloudwolf Wrote: Rarebit clarified at some point (dunno if i ever saved the post, will have to check) that the explaination he'd been writing with is that the Megacity is the center of the simulation and the further afield you get the less processing power is allocated to an area and the experience becomes less realistic and more dreamlike. This extended until the experiences become completely fabricated, like The Sentinel messages regarding Coboco being born abroad confirmed.

This was tied into the realisation that the population of the towers were much less than expected. Not only were The Machines only barely getting enough power to survive (the repurcussion being they chose human beings as an energy source not out of efficiency but out of curiousity or respect) but also that not all of the earth is being used for pod towers (hinting at the Oligarch Kingdom States).

So essentially what they did in the 13th Floor.

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - Euforia - 22-02-2010

(17-02-2010, 05:24 AM)rajkosto Wrote: lol EtM and its random crashes and sound problems
i forgot whatever the hell you did in that game, except for HORRIBLE POLYGONALIZATION OF SMITH'S NECK MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE HE HAS A HUGE TUMOR

There wasn't much to really tell in the game that the movie didn't. Basically all it was was you kicking butt as Niobe and Ghost while Neo his thing, and only slight glimpses into certain scenes, that were all CG, tied it all together. The game was fun, but needed more than explaining the exiles and just used as a second seat to the movie.

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - QuiDormit - 22-02-2010

(22-02-2010, 05:45 AM)Euforia Wrote:
(17-02-2010, 05:24 AM)rajkosto Wrote: lol EtM and its random crashes and sound problems
i forgot whatever the hell you did in that game, except for HORRIBLE POLYGONALIZATION OF SMITH'S NECK MAKING HIM LOOK LIKE HE HAS A HUGE TUMOR

There wasn't much to really tell in the game that the movie didn't. Basically all it was was you kicking butt as Niobe and Ghost while Neo his thing, and only slight glimpses into certain scenes, that were all CG, tied it all together. The game was fun, but needed more than explaining the exiles and just used as a second seat to the movie.

If I recall correctly, ETM had an additional 30 or so minutes of actual footage. For instance, when Niobe or Ghost visited Persephone or the Oracle. I remember Jada Pinkett Smith in an interview saying something about how they essentially filmed Reloaded, ETM, and Revolutions so close together that she had no idea what scenes were for what project.

RE: Outer space of The Matrix - Makuza - 22-02-2010

Yeah, for example the scenes with Trinity and Ghost, or Persephone's kissing test with both Ghost and Niobe.