The Matrix Online Server Emulator
A Late Addition.... - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: A Late Addition.... (/showthread.php?tid=386)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

A Late Addition.... - samtheman - 25-02-2010

Hello all, as you might be aware of this is my first post. I recently watched The Matrix Revolutions and felt a need to play the Path of Neo. I did so but I still felt a need to play Matrix games. I eventually stumbled on a little game called The Matrix Online. I was shocked like this guy ---> Confused . I was even more shocked to find it had been shut down. With a little research on the ol' Wikipedia I came here. Long story short I would like to hear what the vets have to say on why The Matrix Online didn't succeed and perhaps a few stories from the good old days. Thank you all in advance.

RE: A Late Addition.... - QuiDormit - 26-02-2010

lol way to go SOE! Good job advertising.

Welcome. Sorry you had to find MxO so late... but RajkoSto is busy exhuming it.

RE: A Late Addition.... - Superman111994 - 26-02-2010

(25-02-2010, 11:33 PM)samtheman Wrote: Hello all, as you might be aware of this is my first post. I recently watched The Matrix Revolutions and felt a need to play the Path of Neo. I did so but I still felt a need to play Matrix games. I eventually stumbled on a little game called The Matrix Online. I was shocked like this guy ---> Confused . I was even more shocked to find it had been shut down. With a little research on the ol' Wikipedia I came here. Long story short I would like to hear what the vets have to say on why The Matrix Online didn't succeed and perhaps a few stories from the good old days. Thank you all in advance.

Welcome, Samtheman.
You won't believe it... but that info on Wikipedia with the link to here... that was me telling people that this place was here. Again, welcome. Make yourself at home, and read the FAQ by Gerik. I hope to see you in game sometime soon!

RE: A Late Addition.... - GuillermoLosa - 26-02-2010

=D Same here bro i felt like you when i saw the game was shut down.... But now we can play all together with RealityMxO made by Rajkosto

RE: A Late Addition.... - Swan - 26-02-2010

Why it did not succeed...SOE bought the game and stopped caring. It was amazing until the day that SOE took over. Right after that everything seemed to go downhill, they did not care about the game and it showed.

The things I will remember most about the game is just the PvP wars we had when there were actually many people partaking in the festivities. Those were amazing Smile

RE: A Late Addition.... - Twaggy - 26-02-2010

My pro days were lvling up for first time during monolith days, I loved it. Everything second, was always on the moment i came home from work (around 6pm) till I went to bed say around.... 5am? lol

Also The Assassin, I remember attacking that guy. I was also one of the first to find him in the underground, though he kicked my lowbie ass back to the start... lol

RE: A Late Addition.... - TheKingOfHearts - 27-02-2010

Quote:You won't believe it... but that info on Wikipedia with the link to here... that was me telling people that this place was here.

I think you should remove it. Making a private server without the authority of SOE who still hold copyright could get this project into trouble.

Just a little caution is best.

Also welcome Sam Smile Mxo is not like other MMOs, its mostly a social game. You will not find hardcore dungeon raiders except for farming up things required to get fancy clothing Tongue

Battle system is not fully balanced cause you can make your character insane strong as Master Knife Thrower (sort of like assasin), or 1 shot people as Hacker (sort of like mage)(Logic Bomb ftw Smile) The tide always turns depending on how many people you have, but if you have something like 10 Vs 15, the outcome is based on skill. (but is still higher chance of team of 15 winning).

But this game is better than any MMO i have played (all the way from Runescape to Aion). It has that 1 thing all these MMOs dont have, Amazing Story Interaction and a wonderful community of players.

Once you get into the story, join in the LIVE events, join the faction battles or player event, join the live parties with coverage with online radio, you will see why it was great. But unfortunately any game that SOE touch gets ruined Sad

But we will bring it back to life once more Smile

RE: A Late Addition.... - Superman111994 - 27-02-2010

(27-02-2010, 03:35 PM)TheKingOfHearts Wrote:
Quote:You won't believe it... but that info on Wikipedia with the link to here... that was me telling people that this place was here.

I think you should remove it. Making a private server without the authority of SOE who still hold copyright could get this project into trouble.

Just a little caution is best.

SOE doesn't give a fuck. I've had that link there for 4 1/2 months. Big Grin
Tell you what... if enough people think I should remove it, I will.

RE: A Late Addition.... - TheKingOfHearts - 27-02-2010

SOE will do anything to make people suffer Tongue
I dont really want the info removed, but im being cautious as to what they might do. Worst things i have seen are like someone posted about some exploits on everquest, and SOE got their webhost to shut their site down or face legal action and got paypal to disallow donations.

RE: A Late Addition.... - MajTom - 28-02-2010

you don't even have to make money or ask for money for a company to shut you down if they think its copyright infringement...
If they dont like it they will C&D or worse.