The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... (/showthread.php?tid=405)

Pages: 1 2 3

Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - Othinn - 07-03-2010

I noticed this several days ago, but I wanted to wait in case it turned out to be a temporary thing, and I'm still going to check on it for some time in case things change but ...

The old official Matrix site appears to be gone (and yes, for those of you who didn't know, it did still exist until a very short time ago, but you had to reach it via a specific URL because the Matrix Blu-ray collection site was blocking it). It seems the site's files on pdl3.warnerbros.com still exist, but you'd need the exact file name to reach them, and pdl3 didn't contain the entire site. The Animatrix site and Hack The Matrix site still exist, but the main site and the Tastee Wheat site are gone.

Oddly enough, the site for the Matrix Blu-ray collection is also gone. You'd think they'd keep that site up, since it was where you'd automatically go to if you tried to reach the site via the usual URLs. That kind of makes me hope that this is all just some mistake and that they'll restore it at some point, but it's just a guess.

The site should still be available via http://www.archive.org.

RE: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - TRX - 07-03-2010

(07-03-2010, 08:58 AM)Othinn Wrote: I noticed this several days ago, but I wanted to wait in case it turned out to be a temporary thing, and I'm still going to check on it for some time in case things change but ...

The old official Matrix site appears to be gone (and yes, for those of you who didn't know, it did still exist until a very short time ago, but you had to reach it via a specific URL because the Matrix Blu-ray collection site was blocking it). It seems the site's files on pdl3.warnerbros.com still exist, but you'd need the exact file name to reach them, and pdl3 didn't contain the entire site. The Animatrix site and Hack The Matrix site still exist, but the main site and the Tastee Wheat site are gone.

Oddly enough, the site for the Matrix Blu-ray collection is also gone. You'd think they'd keep that site up, since it was where you'd automatically go to if you tried to reach the site via the usual URLs. That kind of makes me hope that this is all just some mistake and that they'll restore it at some point, but it's just a guess.

The site should still be available via http://www.archive.org.

uhm .. i think youre incorrect about this.. the site is not available any more trhough data node 1 or the matrix online but only the forums..
check it out: discussion boards

RE: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - QuiDormit - 07-03-2010

(07-03-2010, 02:13 PM)TRX Wrote: uhm .. i think youre incorrect about this.. the site is not available any more trhough data node 1 or the matrix online but only the forums..
check it out: discussion boards

He wasn't talking about DN1 or anything Matrix Online related, he was specifically talking about the Official "The Matrix" website that was there in regard to the movies and the Animatrix.

RE: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - Neoteny - 07-03-2010

Huh. Makes you wonder if they're gearing up to put something new out.

RE: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - QuiDormit - 07-03-2010

Or at least to kind of wipe it all from our memories so that in the future, when they do get ready to put something else out, it's a surprise.

RE: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - TRX - 07-03-2010

excuse me.. my bad

RE: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - MajTom - 08-03-2010

Sony pictures laid off over 500 people , it more related to that then anything

RE: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - Rxu - 08-03-2010

Unfortunately the movie trend has gone towards 30something's playing teenage boys/girls who are emo vampires.

I love the tools the film industry targets.

But I do hope that maybe one day WB will release something new Matrix related.

RE: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - Sixxth - 08-03-2010

(08-03-2010, 06:46 PM)Rxu Wrote: Unfortunately the movie trend has gone towards 30something's playing teenage boys/girls who are emo vampires.

I love the tools the film industry targets.

But I do hope that maybe one day WB will release something new Matrix related.

/QFT

I was reading a commentary by Greg Ruth (Matrix comix artist) and he was asked about The Matrix franchise coming back and he says this:

"I think there's a good deal more that could be told in terms of the stories and themes initiated by the movies... I
just don't know if the market's there for it as much as it was before. This is a different time now, and
I think a world where one is trying to awaken from a false escapist place like the Matrix, runs
counter to the gestalt of a world where Avatar preaches love for the escapist false world. They're
both films that are on totally opposite ends of the spectrum in that way, and I think the kind of
Orwellian fear that Matrix stems from is not there as much as it used to be."

Interesting......but yeah, maybe someday some new Matrix stuff - who knows?

Full interview can be found here:

http://www.whatisthematrix.it/downloads/intrutheng.pdf

RE: Uh oh ... Looks like it's gone ... - Valaro - 08-03-2010

I have to admit sixxth your a just a core of information lol < No sarcasm is in this sentence

Every time a new thread is created you always have something cool to put in. Do you just go through every site with The Matrix in it for us? Tongue

Yeah I noticed that the site was down too. If they were planning something new wouldn't they go a similar route like Monoliths site did? Like "This site is Quarantined" only instead put something like "New look site Coming Soon" or something like that? Maybe there just sick of The Matrix franchise now and are sort of getting rid of it piece by piece?