The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Emu... - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Emu... (/showthread.php?tid=549)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Emu... - QuiDormit - 28-10-2010

Well, no not on these boards right now. But Legion has floated around on Hardline Dreams, he's apparently contacted Rajko, and he's posted on TW's forums.

No one has given him anything to do as of yet.

RE: Emu... - mixer242 - 28-10-2010

(27-10-2010, 03:49 PM)Sixxth Wrote:
(27-10-2010, 11:57 AM)SuperDefenderX Wrote: Maybe if there were some sort of repository or something? Or, perhaps inform people and get more developers on-board?

I dunno... I wish I knew how to code.

There is an offer right now from a developer to help.

Yea, the person that is looking to help develop has posted on Hardlinedreams & mxofourms but I haven't seen a post here unless I didn't look hard enough. lol Anyhow, check this link
[url] http://www.mxoforums.com/showthread.php?tid=48945[/url]

RE: Emu... - HD_Morpheus - 29-10-2010

(28-10-2010, 05:29 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: No one has given him anything to do as of yet.
Not exactly. I pointed him (in hdreams) to a part of the Disassembled code that handles RPC's sent by the client. And that's is publicly posted (to registered users) so not just "pm-ed".

The thing may be shared later if he discovers anything and wants to, as i already distributed the RPC output from logs, so it's public data.

Apart from that, i plan to share any plugins code developed for our thing under the dev/user name that made it. So dont care if that person likes this or that forum more than the other.
It's gonna be a sandbox platform for mxo tests before doing it on a public server or that kind of servers.

I'm on the making for a project page outside our forums to be "neutral" and have issues tracking and so, where i will give that plugin codes/documentation and releases.
It's already live on the net (and has the last dll zip i shared), but not announced Tongue

RE: Emu... - Villemar - 29-10-2010

(28-10-2010, 01:58 PM)QuiDormit Wrote:
(28-10-2010, 06:34 AM)neogetter Wrote: i don't understand why they wont give to people the possibility to revive mxo if mxo is already dead...give to someone the entire coded game and put it on a server, with possibility to play all missions etc....no any update anymore but replay the entire story, it's ready...i'm sure they have that possibility, they have the game in a old archive...put it out and give it to us...

i promise...if i will have a big big win and i will be rich....i will open it again!Big Grin

i'm listening mxo musics and my nostalgia wont go away....Heart

I think the main problem is that too many people have a hand in the game. WB owns it, but SOE owns the right to run it. So WB lawyers would need to talk to SOE lawyers to draft up blah blah blah.

Also, don't discount the fact that maybe WB (or even the Wachowski's themselves) wanted to bury all traces of the Matrix for a while.

Who knows?

Right aside from the obvious IP/WB/SOE clusterf&ck situation we ended up with, I think your last point is something to think about. If I had to guess I'd say they have deliberatively shelved the franchise indefinitely but would be very open to revisit the franchise at a much later date after they had a corpus of work on other things done, so as to re-introduce the series to a new generation, etc. The world needs to forget about the franchise for a while. Sad for us, but may need to be done to regain that sense of newness and the joy of rediscovery when we are all older and feel nostalgic :-)

But we can still keep it underground in the meantime :-)