The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Matrix Discussion - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Matrix Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=578)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Matrix Discussion - QuiDormit - 12-11-2010

True, but she was probably more susceptible to Neo's amazing moves. (dying? is that a good pickup line?)

Seriously, though. Given that she already knew that she was supposed to fall in love with him, don't you think that would have made her more open? Basically, what I'm saying is that the Oracle put all of her pieces right in place, and thought of just about every possible occurrence.

It's pretty crazy.

RE: Matrix Discussion - Metalogic - 12-11-2010

(12-11-2010, 09:30 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: True, but she was probably more susceptible to Neo's amazing moves. (dying? is that a good pickup line?)

Seriously, though. Given that she already knew that she was supposed to fall in love with him, don't you think that would have made her more open? Basically, what I'm saying is that the Oracle put all of her pieces right in place, and thought of just about every possible occurrence.

It's pretty crazy.

Agreed. However one of the things I've noticed about The Oracle is that she not only was able to push all the pieces into the right places in order to change the outcome, but she's also able to make people realize something deep inside themselves. It's like that sign above the door "Know thyself".

The Oracle said that Neo would have to make a choice between him and Morpheus, and I think deep down inside, Neo knew that he couldn't let Morpheus die for something that he (Neo) didn't believe in.

So maybe Trinity would've fallen in love with Neo without The Oracle's help, it just would've taken longer.

RE: Matrix Discussion - QuiDormit - 12-11-2010

I always wondered if the Oracle just sped up the inevitable outcomes to achieve her end goal, or if she was actually the cause of it.

I mean, yeah, the whole bake your noodle thing... Still, it makes you wonder how much of the movies was fate and how much was "because of outside forces"

RE: Matrix Discussion - Metalogic - 12-11-2010

(12-11-2010, 09:57 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: I always wondered if the Oracle just sped up the inevitable outcomes to achieve her end goal, or if she was actually the cause of it.

I mean, yeah, the whole bake your noodle thing... Still, it makes you wonder how much of the movies was fate and how much was "because of outside forces"

I agree with you there. This is why I LOVE the Matrix Universe. Just when you think you got one layer peeled back, you see 10 more layers.

RE: Matrix Discussion - Cycles - 13-11-2010

(12-11-2010, 09:57 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: I always wondered if the Oracle just sped up the inevitable outcomes to achieve her end goal, or if she was actually the cause of it.

It was all about outside forces, since everything allready was been played in earlier version in this nr 6 version of the matrix and what has been shown in the movies. The only thing the main characters needed to do there ( Neo, Morphy Trinity, etc) was believing in these outside forces and there outcomes following the paths the oracle pointed out for them.

"You didnt come here to make the choice... You allready made it. You are here to understand Why you made it..."

*Neo takes candy*

"...I thought you had figured that out by now"<--you no0b in other words

(12-11-2010, 11:09 PM)Metalogic Wrote: Just when you think you got one layer peeled back, you see 10 more layers.

So true, thats why i believe deep inside...in the back of our minds why we are so drawn to this game and why even people that dont really play games where or still are interrested in mxo is to discover that big secret and to get the question answered finaly:

What is the matrix?

Was it only a prison thing? Was it only movie talk? Game talk?
Or was there something much deeper beneath there.. Or maybe... Does it even have something to do with real life?
One thing... When we finaly find that answer on what the matrix truly was...
It will be a great discovery. A life changer. Yes, from these rare kinds.

*burb*

Scuse me, lays down booze/