The Matrix Online Server Emulator
SOE on MXO - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: SOE on MXO (/showthread.php?tid=614)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

SOE on MXO - Jack Pipsam - 11-12-2010

ok so at Dragon Con 2010 someone asked a question about The Matrix Online.

ok so the lady in the funny costume is FROM SOE.
go to 5:01 on the video below

"I hope I don't get fired for say this but... MXO had bad code"

RE: SOE on MXO - Metalogic - 11-12-2010

So basically MxO won't be F2P under SOE because of IP cost from WB and the code is too complicated, is that pretty much the bottom line?

RE: SOE on MXO - Sixxth - 11-12-2010

Good find Jack.

Not unexpected news, but sad all the same.

RE: SOE on MXO - Jack Pipsam - 11-12-2010

not an issue

besides haven't being on this site since MXO shut down

RE: SOE on MXO - Cycles - 12-12-2010

(11-12-2010, 11:45 AM)Jack Pipsam Wrote: ok so at Dragon Con 2010 someone asked a question about The Matrix Online.

ok so the lady in the funny costume is FROM SOE.
go to 5:01 on the video below

"I hope I don't get fired for say this but... MXO had bad code"

Oke so, we have people saying that it is hard to work with the code....

Am i missing something here?

When the mxo was bought from WB, didnt they got nothing from Monolith or WB to work with so it is easy to work with the code?
Or rather..did they even really looked upon the code?

Offcourse i new WB was a factor that made it hard to release the game F2P... But the code was hard to work with thats why MxO was dead as soon SOE took over? Now i have heared it all i mean:

Then how come a student and other people that do this in there free time while having a busy ass life in reallife have created 3 diff emu's from MxO and one even for in between fun for the wait the real emu launches as i speak *glares at arcady*. They all have made big ass progress from the MxO code just by looking up packedges...?

Look i am glad for the upload and the news someone truthfully leveled with the fanbase from MxO and asked the right question to SOE.. But the responce from SOE leaves me with more questions...

So if WB is not the problem really but the code... i mean trained friggin proffesionals that code all day and even get PAID to do so there within SOE could not hack it?

Sounds like B.S. to me. If the code was so difficult then how come we see a exact replica from Megacity in DC Universe?

Oh fuck it, enough with the nonsense. Anyway thanks again for the upload for this vid but i think i got down to my final conclusion. "We cannot predict what the smiths (we) are going to do' No indeed you cannot.

RE: SOE on MXO - QuiDormit - 12-12-2010

Well, when SOE bought MxO, they also got a lot of the Monolith team. They either changed MxO up to CR2 then fired a bunch of people, or they fired a bunch of people and then used the remainder to recode CR2. Then, later fired everyone else.

In any event, at the end, they had Rarebit (who is NOT a programmer) working as the remaining dev on the game. He did what he could.

Plus, it WAS coded poorly. People have pointed that out. So would it be impossible, absolutely not, but they didn't want to spend time paying someone to mess around til they got it right.

(12-12-2010, 01:21 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: Well, when SOE bought MxO, they also got a lot of the Monolith team. They either changed MxO up to CR2 then fired a bunch of people, or they fired a bunch of people and then used the remainder to recode CR2. Then, later fired everyone else.

In any event, at the end, they had Rarebit (who is NOT a programmer) working as the remaining dev on the game. He did what he could.

Plus, it WAS coded poorly. People have pointed that out. So would it be impossible, absolutely not, but they didn't want to spend time paying someone to mess around til they got it right.

They killed the fuckin game. I mean look: If i would buy a business but had absolutely no knowledge about that business what so ever.. I only knew it made me some bugs.. Why in the blue hell would i fire the fucking staff that runs that business smoothly that i just have bought and could tell me all about the business i was getting in to???????????????????????????????? I would let THEM stay put right where they are!

Also sounds like they fuckin used people, i mean what the fuck: create CR2 and then fire everybody else after they create CR2??????????????????

And then Rarebit a totaly no0b like i am in coding they let him..1 staff RUN the WHOLE friggin game??????????????????????

Thats not even strategic thinking proffesionally if you run a business. I mean for fucksake you cant run a business with only 1 personal!!!!

These fuckers killed the game only to create DC Universe, and we are not the only one that got screwed big time. Soe is sucking corperate fucking cock for the easy quick get away BUG, THATS why there hands are all over the place regarding to mmo's instead of sticking with what you GOT and they complete forgot the principles of business: For the people by the people and that does NOT mean screw the people if you want to stay succesfull and grow as a business.
This had not even anything to do if the code was bad or not. This was about pure butchering a mmo to make a quick bug before going on to other more important for them DC projects. Which is offcourse ANOTHER quick get away bug!

Believe me boy's and girls men and woman: SOE will NOT exist for long!
rant mode off/

RE: SOE on MXO - QuiDormit - 12-12-2010

They wanted to kill MxO. They didn't care, and it shows.

(12-12-2010, 02:42 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: They wanted to kill MxO. They didn't care, and it shows.

Yes, and that will be there own downfall men. You would not believe the hate they got from so many people from all kinds of different mmo's. There are people even right now bashing there new upcoming DC MMO on the youtube channels that are trying to warn these kids not to get sucked in there new B.S. hype before they will get screwed to.

But Bottemline : Fuck SOE i am done with that!

RE: SOE on MXO - Metalogic - 12-12-2010

Rarebit wasn't a programmer? WTF? How does that make ANY kind of sense?