The Matrix Online Server Emulator
SOE on MXO - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: SOE on MXO (/showthread.php?tid=614)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: SOE on MXO - Sixxth - 13-12-2010

(13-12-2010, 04:00 PM)Arcady Wrote: Mh-mh-mhm... Interesting. Smile

If, after 2 years, there are still people interested about Matrix Online, they can always be a warning for SOE or, at last, for WB. No? Mah.. I dunno why they rejected the idea to keep the game alive again.

(Yeah, I saw the video of this topic.. but those sentences sounded like sorries\excuses to me).

The first thing that is mentioned in the video is that its a very high priced IP (intellectual property for those that dont know), and that Warner expects to make significant revenue from that. I think that really tells the whole tale - sure the code is bad, but lets face it: if only 300 people want to play that's not "significant" revenue.

And, Hi Arcady!

RE: SOE on MXO - Cycles - 13-12-2010

(13-12-2010, 11:02 PM)Sixxth Wrote:

If, after 2 years, there are still people interested about Matrix Online, they can always be a warning for SOE or, at last, for WB. No? Mah.. I dunno why they rejected the idea to keep the game alive again.

(Yeah, I saw the video of this topic.. but those sentences sounded like sorries\excuses to me).

The first thing that is mentioned in the video is that its a very high priced IP (intellectual property for those that dont know), and that Warner expects to make significant revenue from that. I think that really tells the whole tale - sure the code is bad, but lets face it: if only 300 people want to play that's not "significant" revenue.

And, Hi Arcady!

Sixxth, do the math with me mate. If SOE Fires people in a way that the game cant deliver anymore to its players --> offcourse you are going to end up with 300 people. This was all stages and planned by SOE. All you see in this vid is excuses from SOE like Arcady me and a couple dozen others pointed out. Thats all there is to it men.

RE: SOE on MXO - Sixxth - 13-12-2010

(13-12-2010, 11:09 PM)Cycles Wrote:

And, Hi Arcady!

Sixxth, do the map with me mate. If SOE Fires people in a way that the game cant deliver anymore to its players --> offcourse you are going to end up with 300 people. This was all stages and planned by SOE. All you see in this vid is excuses from SOE like Arcady me and a couple dozen others pointed out. Thats all there is to it men.

Oh, I agree. My point is that they have no reason to make it F2P. They want $$ for the IP, and F2P wont yield it, and neither would reviving it now.

RE: SOE on MXO - Sierus - 13-12-2010

F2P would have been a good idea, thats happening to most now a days, like LoTRO (sad as I beta'd and continously played this) and Champions Online ( again sad, as I beta'd and lifetime sub'd it too)

RE: SOE on MXO - Cycles - 14-12-2010

(13-12-2010, 11:12 PM)Sixxth Wrote:
(13-12-2010, 11:09 PM)Cycles Wrote:

And, Hi Arcady!

Sixxth, do the map with me mate. If SOE Fires people in a way that the game cant deliver anymore to its players --> offcourse you are going to end up with 300 people. This was all stages and planned by SOE. All you see in this vid is excuses from SOE like Arcady me and a couple dozen others pointed out. Thats all there is to it men.

Oh, I agree. My point is that they have no reason to make it F2P. They want $$ for the IP, and F2P wont yield it, and neither would reviving it now.

Actually.. you really sure? You really believe that? And F2P wont yield it or infact be actually EVEN BETTER then P2P? Because here is where i think SOE is lacking in strategic thinking or they just wont admit they wont be doing this game F2P because they destroyed the MxO engine to make DC Online or some sort.

What will happen if MxO go's F2P?

Facts are:

- On Youtube there are countless of new people that never played the game yelling: 'Oh FUCK men why did they shut it down! I never had the change playing it!'

- Communities: there are plenty, i mean here there are 3 communities i bet all over a 1000+ subscriptions alone AND... Scattered communities in social media networks like myspace, facebook etc.

So what will happen if they where a F2P MxO? The following, i call it the domino effect:

First of all the oldskool players will jack in a instand. That will bring it minimum 1000+ members back.. i mean look at us, we walk around in a empty megacity just to wonder around and chat to get the feeling back ( Even me with my crap pc). But if we do that allready....You really think oldskool mxo people with a full Working MxO... What is now Free to Play... Wont go back Just for fun? Exactly my point:
They will run riots... Cause a nr1 google seach service shutdown of JOY and WILL... Come Back FULL FORCE!

Second thing what would happen: The oldskool players will bring there friends to play this game just for fun ( and yes there friends to will discover that mxo is a awsom game just like you did and just like i did and they will be hooked, lol like we all did and still are doing *ahum*) But here is when the domino effect really will come into play....
As soon that the word is out that MxO is F2P and playable again:
All these new kids screaming on youtube that they want to play mxo will come to! And not even to play the game... lol Just to check it out.
But then they start playing the game...Discover the combat system, HJ, crazy parties and loonies that do the whoolawoop nekkid around someone that is afk... Hooked Get the point?

That will bring F2P alone to a 4000/5000+ subscription alone for the first few months... And climbing!

Because hey men... I dont know about you but i and many others have enough bills to pay so when we hear the word FREE and it is as AWSOM like MxO and we can play it whenever because it is a MMO, dude..give me 2 sec.

That will increase the traffic towards MxO, plus the money for SOE. BIG TIME! Because the only thing now what you have to do is place a cashshop in MxO ( plenty of idea's regarding cashshops there. Cool Clothes, Weapons, Items, Furniture for your own private room in mxo, etc etc etc. Comon guys we all know how big you can go with MxO!)
But...

SOE just trown that ALL away because they LACK in strategic thinking and/or they allready got out what they wanted to get as we all known and thats why they have so many haters, even in the games people play now from SOE, because in the end it is all the same, SOE is a corporation that will only think about what is best for them in the end.

And did i mansioned by the way that F2P would even FIT IN the Story line from MxO? Because technically everyone was part from the matrix as a blue pill, so now that they are freed everyone can acces it as a redpill? <--Now How Can You Go Wrong With Such A Great Idea to Make MxO F2P and FAIL? You Cant. Its A Total WInner, and If I Can See It. SOE Sure Can To.

But they wont do it. Because rens repeat:

SOE is a corporation that will only think about what is best for them in the end instead of for the people there own costumers! Thats why i do believe MxO engine itself is probably destroyed or some weird shit happend to it thats why it became a 'bad code' and i dont mean bad code as in its hard to code with..No No No, it REALLY became BAD CODE: So yes i got that bad code for ya SOE, Its called DC online fuckhole, And i will turn it Side Ways, Make it alllllll Nice and Shiny and i will stick it STRAIGHT UP into your MxO to DC Ripp Off CANDY ASS!Mo'Fo!

RE: SOE on MXO - Logan - 14-12-2010

I think F2P would be a great idea.

Look at LOTRO (Lord of the Rings Online) for example!
They had monthly fees until recently they made the game Free to Play! I was a subscriber and my account was turned Premium or V.I.P. (don't really know) which gave me acess to a lot of cool stuff in the game, those who didn't subscribe in the past, just get some limited stuff.

I see many fans and a very large community of people who would like to return to MxO and people who never played MxO but wanted too!
Why doesn't SOE or WB for that matter make the game F2P?
Your right, the numbers of people would grow and to make everybody happy, previous subscribers would get more previleges (like in LOTRO), the game would be free and WB and SOE could make some money. Look at Turbine and Codemasters!!!!

Want another example?
Look at ArenaNet and NCSoft, they made Guild Wars, which had no fees and is one of the best mmo's out there in my personal opinion.
They are as we speak, developing Guild Wars 2 (I have to say, I've been waiting for it) AND IT WILL BE WITH NO FEES ASWELL!
Why? Why can't SOE stop ruining games?
SOE needs money from their subscribers? C'mon...
They have tons of games and they can't make MxO a free to play like LOTRO?
I support the idea 100% to re-activate the game and make it free to play with the same parameters and account previleges as LOTRO.
I always hated SOE, the only thing I like about Sony is Playstation and my headphones xD

I BELIVE IN MxO!

RE: SOE on MXO - QuiDormit - 14-12-2010

Don't forget: MxO died. SOE ran it in to the ground. Also, it's OLD! It's very out of date in terms of game engine, graphics, gameplay, and so on.

People quit MxO in droves. Sure, SOE did drive a lot of people away, but I don't think MxO F2P would have been that much more successful.

What MxO needed, desperately needed... was developers to continue to add things in to the game.

RE: SOE on MXO - Logan - 14-12-2010

I agree with the developers being needed to add things to the game.
But c'mon, game angine, graphics, gameplay is old? What's World of Warcraft then? People still play it, yes it has tons of things to do, but I belive MxO would achieve a greater status if like you said, had developers to build the game up.
Why do you think F2P would be a bad idea?

RE: SOE on MXO - markosoft - 14-12-2010

(14-12-2010, 01:41 AM)Logan Wrote: I agree with the developers being needed to add things to the game.
But c'mon, game angine, graphics, gameplay is old? What's World of Warcraft then? People still play it, yes it has tons of things to do, but I belive MxO would achieve a greater status if like you said, had developers to build the game up.

Unfortunately they couldn't develop the game because the code structure was a mess apparently. Any new content was basically old content but with a different colour scheme, and sometimes with additional abilities.

But F2P wouldn't work because the MxO fanbase is a relatively small one, and SOE have the IP cost to think of.

RE: SOE on MXO - Cycles - 14-12-2010

(14-12-2010, 01:36 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: Don't forget: MxO died. SOE ran it in to the ground. Also, it's OLD! It's very out of date in terms of game engine, graphics, gameplay, and so on.

People quit MxO in droves. Sure, SOE did drive a lot of people away, but I don't think MxO F2P would have been that much more successful.

What MxO needed, desperately needed... was developers to continue to add things in to the game.

What happends when you fire a development team?

- There wont be no updates in huge patches for new storylines and new items/words ingames accept perhabs for a few bugs patches.

- There wont be no Graphic Updates, what a game needs every year depending on the season the demant for better grapics is in.

And you practically said it yourself:

"What MxO needed, desperately needed... was developers to continue to add things in to the game."

SOE elimated the one thing MxO needed before hand to atracked people to MxO more. Get it? Thats what killed MxO. I been there men, Beta and Live. And yes sure there where a few bugs, but truth to be told, it didnt...repeat IT DIDNT bother me at all.Ever MMO has a few bugs in the beginning because you know in the back of your mind it WILL get better because that is what the development team is for. But what good is a MMO when there own development team gets fired? Nada noppes nacko!

MxO F2P would be a succes if taken serieosly and the money it gets is well spend on development. That is the whole purpose. I mean look at Guild Wars..and you do noticed how awsom Guild Wars 2 looks right. Thats is because how well spend the money was on development and thats what you get with a F2P MMO if done right. And truth be told: MxO was Way better in concept then Guild Wars.

(14-12-2010, 02:10 AM)markosoft Wrote:
(14-12-2010, 01:41 AM)Logan Wrote: I agree with the developers being needed to add things to the game.

Unfortunately they couldn't develop the game because the code structure was a mess apparently. Any new content was basically old content but with a different colour scheme, and sometimes with additional abilities.

But F2P wouldn't work because the MxO fanbase is a relatively small one, and SOE have the IP cost to think of.

"Unfortunately they couldn't develop the game because the code structure was a mess apparently." <-- you see even you dont believe that. Yes sure the code was a mesh apparently <--But REALLY was that all it took to make MxO in to a failed project: Come on.

MxO Fanbase isnt a small one. You only think it probably is because you dont see many people writting here or anywhere else men. But i KNOW it was big. It only when small after SOE killed it. But if it was done right: Men...we wouldnt have had this convu and we would be out there HJ dodgin bullets and taking names with a big ass fucking community. You all know that.