The Matrix Online Server Emulator
SOE on MXO - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: SOE on MXO (/showthread.php?tid=614)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: SOE on MXO - Logan - 14-12-2010

I agree! It wasn't small!
Seriously, I'm Portuguese and I know the game! I know some people here who would want mxo back again and over europe aswell! I see that in the U.S. the Matrix is popular, not so much here, but die hard fans who still love the matrix, would be really excited about mxo emu. I'm spreading the word as we speak.
I still belive in MxO to have potential.

RE: SOE on MXO - Cycles - 14-12-2010

(14-12-2010, 03:09 AM)Logan Wrote: I agree! It wasn't small!
Seriously, I'm Portuguese and I know the game! I know some people here who would want mxo back again and over europe aswell! I see that in the U.S. the Matrix is popular, not so much here, but die hard fans who still love the matrix, would be really excited about mxo emu. I'm spreading the word as we speak.
I still belive in MxO to have potential.

And there you have it guys, MxO was popular EVERYWHERE. And just for the record, i am from The Netherlands. Europe. And i know plenty of people here that want to play MxO to. But that is not the point --> If MxO was done right --> not screwed overnight in the middle of glory by SOE to make DC and WB is fuckin arround with some IP nonsens making it hard for third parties to buy this license even more... I bet my ass that MxO would look waaay better then DC Online itself to today. But lets skip that. Bottomline : MxO would Rock F2P thats my point and i shit you NOT on that!

I guess the only thing to proof that is perhabs making this Emu a serious business and i am more then willing to talk about that if there are any takers in the house.

I can offer my help, I'm not a great programmer, but I can try, the more people are working on this, the better.
Even if I can help in other stuff besides programming, i want to make my contribution to make this emulator working for players to enjoy!
All we need is time, patience and skill, perserverance and work, feeling and passion!

(14-12-2010, 04:36 AM)Logan Wrote: I can offer my help, I'm not a great programmer, but I can try, the more people are working on this, the better.
Even if I can help in other stuff besides programming, i want to make my contribution to make this emulator working for players to enjoy!
All we need is time, patience and skill, perserverance and work, feeling and passion!

Cool men, Welcome to MxO Emu:

Here is the link on how to install MxO:

http://www.mxosource.com/index.php/Install_Guide

And the guide on what we need you to do to help out in MxO Emu, it has one word: Packedges Cool
Read the packedges guide tutorial, and that is the basic thing you need to do if you want to help out in this community:

http://www.mxosource.com/index.php?title=Packets_Gudie_Step1

Just let us now what a packedge does. If you can program, welp that is a whole other cool thing what is not my department but i am pretty sure you can be much help to arcady, qui, morphy or raj.

RE: SOE on MXO - Sixxth - 14-12-2010

(14-12-2010, 12:51 AM)Cycles Wrote:
(13-12-2010, 11:12 PM)Sixxth Wrote:
(13-12-2010, 11:09 PM)Cycles Wrote:
(13-12-2010, 11:02 PM)Sixxth Wrote:
(13-12-2010, 04:00 PM)Arcady Wrote: Mh-mh-mhm... Interesting. Smile

If, after 2 years, there are still people interested about Matrix Online, they can always be a warning for SOE or, at last, for WB. No? Mah.. I dunno why they rejected the idea to keep the game alive again.

(Yeah, I saw the video of this topic.. but those sentences sounded like sorries\excuses to me).

The first thing that is mentioned in the video is that its a very high priced IP (intellectual property for those that dont know), and that Warner expects to make significant revenue from that. I think that really tells the whole tale - sure the code is bad, but lets face it: if only 300 people want to play that's not "significant" revenue.

And, Hi Arcady!

Sixxth, do the map with me mate. If SOE Fires people in a way that the game cant deliver anymore to its players --> offcourse you are going to end up with 300 people. This was all stages and planned by SOE. All you see in this vid is excuses from SOE like Arcady me and a couple dozen others pointed out. Thats all there is to it men.

Oh, I agree. My point is that they have no reason to make it F2P. They want $$ for the IP, and F2P wont yield it, and neither would reviving it now.

Actually.. you really sure? You really believe that? And F2P wont yield it or infact be actually EVEN BETTER then P2P? Because here is where i think SOE is lacking in strategic thinking or they just wont admit they wont be doing this game F2P because they destroyed the MxO engine to make DC Online or some sort.

Yes Im sure. FREE to play means just that.

WB wants money for their IP. They wont get it with a free game. Done. Sorry, thats just the way it is. Its not about caring about the MxO fans, or worrying that MxO fans will be pissed and boycott stuff etc etc. That has no impact on Sony, they couldn't care less. To think they do is just narcissistic.

Its about money. So, yes, I really believe that.

Thanks for the links and for the warm welcome!
I'm gonna work on this first thing tomorrow (It's like almost 4:00 AM here - Portugal = GMT+00 and I haven't slept yet xD)

I've been looking at theese packedges thing, I'm gonna need some studying to do (not just programming, but english aswell xD - and I apologize for any mistake or miswritten word(s) in my english writting), but I'll eventually get there and start to figure out this programming.
I'll do my best!

Cheers!

(14-12-2010, 04:49 AM)Sixxth Wrote:
(14-12-2010, 12:51 AM)Cycles Wrote:
(13-12-2010, 11:12 PM)Sixxth Wrote:
(13-12-2010, 11:09 PM)Cycles Wrote:
(13-12-2010, 11:02 PM)Sixxth Wrote: The first thing that is mentioned in the video is that its a very high priced IP (intellectual property for those that dont know), and that Warner expects to make significant revenue from that. I think that really tells the whole tale - sure the code is bad, but lets face it: if only 300 people want to play that's not "significant" revenue.

And, Hi Arcady!

Sixxth, do the map with me mate. If SOE Fires people in a way that the game cant deliver anymore to its players --> offcourse you are going to end up with 300 people. This was all stages and planned by SOE. All you see in this vid is excuses from SOE like Arcady me and a couple dozen others pointed out. Thats all there is to it men.

Oh, I agree. My point is that they have no reason to make it F2P. They want $$ for the IP, and F2P wont yield it, and neither would reviving it now.

Actually.. you really sure? You really believe that? And F2P wont yield it or infact be actually EVEN BETTER then P2P? Because here is where i think SOE is lacking in strategic thinking or they just wont admit they wont be doing this game F2P because they destroyed the MxO engine to make DC Online or some sort.

Yes Im sure. FREE to play means just that.

WB wants money for their IP. They wont get it with a free game. Done. Sorry, thats just the way it is. Its not about caring about the MxO fans, or worrying that MxO fans will be pissed and boycott stuff etc etc. That has no impact on Sony, they couldn't care less. To think they do is just narcissistic.

Its about money. So, yes, I really believe that.

Actually that was my whole point mate. WB being money hungry and with a BIG help from SOE screwing us and fucktup the game on purpose. But no way MxO would FAIL on F2P. But some fokes didnt believe F2P would do it on MxO. What is offcourse crap. Oke Done with this subject i mean fuck SOE, point is made Back to the Emu what it is all about anyways lol Cool

(14-12-2010, 04:51 AM)Logan Wrote: Thanks for the links and for the warm welcome!
I'm gonna work on this first thing tomorrow (It's like almost 4:00 AM here - Portugal = GMT+00 and I haven't slept yet xD)

I've been looking at theese packedges thing, I'm gonna need some studying to do (not just programming, but english aswell xD - and I apologize for any mistake or miswritten word(s) in my english writting), but I'll eventually get there and start to figure out this programming.
I'll do my best!

Cheers!

Cheers mate, and dont worry about the english, my english is not my native either and i and others can still read it so dont sweat the small stuff and i see ya when ready and/or in the forums with other post Cool

RE: SOE on MXO - Jack Pipsam - 14-12-2010

SOE didn't release the game in Australia, I had to download it to play it.

did MXO really have 300 players?

RE: SOE on MXO - Arcady - 14-12-2010

@JackPipsam -- Ehe, you can count them around here. Wink

RE: SOE on MXO - QuiDormit - 14-12-2010

MxO would fail as F2P because there's no way to pay the bills with a F2P MxO. Unless they added something ridiculous like a stupid card game or something.