The Matrix Online Server Emulator
New Trailer - MxO Emu - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: New Trailer - MxO Emu (/showthread.php?tid=628)

Pages: 1 2 3

New Trailer - MxO Emu - Logan - 16-12-2010

Here's my latest trailer for the emulator.

Exclamation READ THE DESCRIPTION PLEASE! Exclamation

The Matrix Online Emulator Trailer 2

RE: New Trailer - MxO Emu - MajTom - 16-12-2010

nice stuff, a call for coders is a good thing

RE: New Trailer - MxO Emu - Sixxth - 16-12-2010

Hmm I recall a coder who volunteered once, but never got any traction....

RE: New Trailer - MxO Emu - QuiDormit - 16-12-2010

Yeah, Legion pretty much got shut out by all three teams.

Rajko is on hiatus. Last I heard from him, he was busy with school. I'm sure he'll pop in again some day and make some more changes, but for all intents and purposes, this project is stalled. I mean, if you look at it... nothing's going on here at MxO Emu. (This is exactly why Arcady and I are doing what we're doing, but more on that later).

TasteeWheat's MxO Live forums had some LET activity for a while there, but that all but vanished. When Morpheus from Hardline Dreams shared his sources with TW, TW started working with that instead. As far as I know, he's still on a hiatus as well. He may be working on Morph's new sources behind the scenes, but I have no way of knowing. So I consider that project stalled as well.

Morpheus, however, has continued to work on his project and has even made a release recently of his sources to the public. I have not yet checked them out (too busy IRL myself...), but I'm sure they're cool.

So, that said, calling for coders is awesome, but we need to be clear with the coders that they probably won't get a lot of support from the devs already out there... Which makes me wonder if it's even worth it to bother calling for coders. I mean, the last thing I want is to see a fourth project start up and kick things off from scratch again. It would be kind of ridiculous.

However, the whole reason Rajko's sources are publicly available is because that way anyone with knowledge can get them and work on them.

As for the promo trailer, good work. I guess I need to get to work on writing information or something to help with more newbies. haha

(16-12-2010, 01:59 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: ....
TasteeWheat's MxO Live forums had some LET activity for a while there, but that all but vanished. When Morpheus from Hardline Dreams shared his sources with TW, TW started working with that instead. As far as I know, he's still on a hiatus as well. He may be working on Morph's new sources behind the scenes, but I have no way of knowing. So I consider that project stalled as well.

So, for those not aware of it, there is a facebook page for MxO here: mxoemu@groups.facebook.com . Morpheus, TW, myself and others from around here belong. One of the topics was Morphs new server. I asked TW in that thread if he planned to incorporate Morphs update into his server. His reply "yes, there are plans." So...there are plans Smile

Not sure if that means he is actively doing anything right now, its hard to tell, Tastee is an elusive guy...

RE: New Trailer - MxO Emu - QuiDormit - 16-12-2010

Both Morph and TW have stated in the forums that TW has been working on Morph's source. Morph also said that within a day or so, TW already had multiplayer working (something that Morph hadn't had done yet).

I could find it, but that takes effort. :-D

(16-12-2010, 05:46 PM)QuiDormit Wrote: Both Morph and TW have stated in the forums that TW has been working on Morph's source. Morph also said that within a day or so, TW already had multiplayer working (something that Morph hadn't had done yet).

I could find it, but that takes effort. :-D

Yep yep, I saw it, thanks.

We will see where it goes....

RE: New Trailer - MxO Emu - Sierus - 16-12-2010

Nice work Logan,

Only one comment, if you can, try and increase your framerate if possible.
Sad to hear Raj is on a hiatus, but everyone has their own personal life.
I'm glad that some work is being done, in particular as you've stated Qui about yourself and Arcady.

Id hate to see this die now, when it's come so far.

RE: New Trailer - MxO Emu - Logan - 16-12-2010

(16-12-2010, 06:53 PM)Sierus Wrote: Nice work Logan,

I'm glad that some work is being done, in particular as you've stated Qui about yourself and Arcady.

Thanks!
I tried increasing the framerate, but fraps just runs like crap in MxO, I'm gonna try and make it better, thanks for the comment! Big Grin

And I aswell hope this project won't die, it's getting awesome.

RE: New Trailer - MxO Emu - Sierus - 16-12-2010

(16-12-2010, 07:00 PM)Logan Wrote:
(16-12-2010, 06:53 PM)Sierus Wrote: Nice work Logan,

Thanks!
I tried increasing the framerate, but fraps just runs like crap in MxO, I'm gonna try and make it better, thanks for the comment! Big Grin

And I aswell hope this project won't die, it's getting awesome.

In regards to your poll, the first video with the bit with Neo talking was awesome, although I liked your effects and code effects spelling out the Emu. That was cool.

BUT I LOVE THE NEO BIT FROM THE FIRST Big Grin