The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Install errors - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Install errors (/showthread.php?tid=646)

Pages: 1 2

Install errors - scrotie - 31-12-2010

I finished downloading the zip file, and when i open it and press on the matrix online.exe or something, it says i need an internet connection to play, which i do. so i can't install it.

RE: Install errors - Vesuveus - 31-12-2010

Where did you find the link to download this zip file?

Chances are there is also a link to further directions on how to set up this game.

If you haven't learned yet, this forum and website is the home for an emulator project of The Matrix Online. The emu does not play like MxO played when it was live. The game went offline a year and a half ago.

Check this link http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-579.html

RE: Install errors - scrotie - 31-12-2010

(31-12-2010, 06:52 PM)Vesuveus Wrote: If you haven't learned yet, this forum and website is the home for an emulator project of The Matrix Online. The emu does not play like MxO played when it was live. The game went offline a year and a half ago.

i am well aware. and im talking about the download link at the homepage of this website.

RE: Install errors - bitbomb - 31-12-2010

Kindly read the text where you found the download link. You'll see the following there:

"After you have the Matrix Online client installed, download the MxoEmu TestServer Launcher installer from here: MxoEmuTestServer.msi and run it."

When you finish reading the home page and get the client installed, please read the FAQ that V gave you the link for before posting any more questions. Hope to see you online!

FAQ:
http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-579.html

RE: Install errors - Vesuveus - 02-01-2011

(31-12-2010, 07:36 PM)scrotie Wrote:
(31-12-2010, 06:52 PM)Vesuveus Wrote: If you haven't learned yet, this forum and website is the home for an emulator project of The Matrix Online. The emu does not play like MxO played when it was live. The game went offline a year and a half ago.

i am well aware. and im talking about the download link at the homepage of this website.

I hope you don't take offense to my over-explaining. We get a lot of questions from people who think the game is live.

RE: Install errors - scrotie - 05-01-2011

(31-12-2010, 09:11 PM)bitbomb Wrote: Kindly read the text where you found the download link. You'll see the following there:

"After you have the Matrix Online client installed, download the MxoEmu TestServer Launcher installer from here: MxoEmuTestServer.msi and run it."

FAQ:
http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-579.html

thats the thing, it says AFTER i install the matrix online, but the .exe won't work to install it. Huh
(02-01-2011, 10:09 PM)Vesuveus Wrote:
(31-12-2010, 07:36 PM)scrotie Wrote:
(31-12-2010, 06:52 PM)Vesuveus Wrote:

I hope you don't take offense to my over-explaining. We get a lot of questions from people who think the game is live.

none taken, just want to show my support in the project.

RE: Install errors - QuiDormit - 05-01-2011

You don't "install it." It's just a simple launcher.

However, the server is currently down.

RE: Install errors - Vesuveus - 05-01-2011

(05-01-2011, 01:12 AM)QuiDormit Wrote: You don't "install it." It's just a simple launcher.

However, the server is currently down.

Qui made a good point. This doesn't need to install into your system. The files just need to be in place.

RE: Install errors - gracewing - 05-01-2011

i've tried to download MxO from the main site, and everytime i unrar it i get a cannot open resource error 2708 of them....any ideas? I've tried a few times to download using different download clients even installed free download manager, please if anyone can help

RE: Install errors - Vesuveus - 05-01-2011

(05-01-2011, 01:40 AM)gracewing Wrote: i've tried to download MxO from the main site, and everytime i unrar it i get a cannot open resource error 2708 of them....any ideas? I've tried a few times to download using different download clients even installed free download manager, please if anyone can help

Looks like it may be a registry error. Check this out

http://www.subnixus.com/error-codes/error-2708.html