The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Offset Elev info - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: Documentation (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Other Information (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Offset Elev info (/showthread.php?tid=804)

Pages: 1 2

Offset Elev info - Sixxth - 03-08-2011

Not sure where to post this, it's elevator shaft info for a building with crazy elevators. The shafts offset 4 times each elevator.

Location: Building at the Hampton Green Southwest hardline (-210, 19,-189)

This building has 2 towers, Tower A and Tower B

Info for Tower A:

Floor L:-193,19,-210
Floor 2:-178,27,-210
Floor 13: -193,115,-210
Floor 20: -199,171,-210
Floor 26:-173,227,-210

Info for Tower B:

Floor L: -175,19,-127
Floor 2: -189,31,-127
Floor 13: -176,119,-127
Floor 19: -170,167,-127
Floor 26: -195,223,-128

Hopefully I didnt screw any of these numbers up. What the hell were they thinking making this shit so screwy!?

RE: Offset Elev info - Aquilae - 04-08-2011

Most of the elevators in the skyscrapers are like that.

RE: Offset Elev info - xapken - 28-01-2012

Are staircases in towers affected by this? To me it just looks like elevator door location isn't very standardized, like there really isn't an elevator shaft in the interior model.

RE: Offset Elev info - QuiDormit - 29-01-2012

No, there isn't an elevator shaft. The elevator doesn't move. Every floor has an elevator on it as a "room" inside. When you pick a new floor, you simply teleport to the proper floor.

RE: Offset Elev info - rajkosto - 29-01-2012

there are several floor prefabs
some of these floor prefabs are shared between buildings
thus, elevators on one floor might not be in the same place as another (x,y when looked from the top-down perspective) because not all prefabs that can be used as a floor in a building have them on the same spot (like, made for another building, but put into this building anyway for some variety)
of course, in the real world, this makes absolutely no sense (the elevator would need to move SIDEWAYS sometimes)

RE: Offset Elev info - xapken - 30-01-2012

As long as staircases line up, we're good.

In thinking about it, I'm not sure all buildings have staircase traversal from bottom to top. Not having them would make use of prefab interiors much easier.

RE: Offset Elev info - QuiDormit - 30-01-2012

Yeah, some buildings have roof access via stairs, some don't. There are also buildings where you can only access certain floors by elevator.

RE: Offset Elev info - rajkosto - 30-01-2012

most buildings NOT in international DO NOT have stairs, only an elevator, save for the roof access
i can fix the misaligned elevators, i just need to do it building-by-building, which is time-consuming, i think i fixed the worst offenders in DT already

RE: Offset Elev info - Sixxth - 30-01-2012

(30-01-2012, 07:12 PM)rajkosto Wrote: most buildings NOT in international DO NOT have stairs, only an elevator, save for the roof access
i can fix the misaligned elevators, i just need to do it building-by-building, which is time-consuming, i think i fixed the worst offenders in DT already

I remember when we were tagging elevators on the emu you had a macro written to find the nearest elev not tagged. Could you write a macro that will tag the location of the offset elevator - for example: I could go to it, tag it by running the macro and then you note the co-ords of it in your db or whatever? I started writing down the co-ords once before, but some of the buildings have several offsets for several elevators, but as you know it gets ugly fast.

RE: Offset Elev info - rajkosto - 31-01-2012

haha if i could detect offset elevators automatically i would just auto-fix them Big Grin
just need the building the elev's messed up in, coords don't help me as i just "merge" the elevator shafts