The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Progress? Population? - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Progress? Population? (/showthread.php?tid=967)

Pages: 1 2

Progress? Population? - Adouken - 08-05-2012

Howdy all! First post here, looking forward to meeting and getting to know you all!

In relations to the game itself, and its development; Is it still being worked on? And in particular, what's being worked on right now? I'd love to know a bit of where it's up to and what we can look forward to Big Grin

As for population; Do people still come online in the game? Because i've been jumping on and off for the past few days and there hasn't been anyone online except myself. ITS PRETTY LONELY HERE IN MARA CENTRAL >;(

Any feedback and indication on how piecing the game back together is going would be awesome, as I would love to help in any way possible to get MxO back to it's former glory Big Grin

RE: Progress? Population? - rajkosto - 08-05-2012

OH MY GOD YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP IM SURE YOU HAVE PLENTY OF EXPERTISE

RE: Progress? Population? - Adouken - 09-05-2012

Haha actually, based on what i've said, you have no clue about what I know and what experience I have, but sarcasm isn't going to get it out of me.

RE: Progress? Population? - rajkosto - 09-05-2012

great helper spirit there, dude

RE: Progress? Population? - QuiDormit - 09-05-2012

Or, you could take initiative and not be a little prick.

Either way.

"I can help you, but I am going to make you stroke my ego to get it out of me trollololol."

Yeah, sounds like a lot of help.

Well i WOULD take initiative if the first response to my post wasn't delivered with such sarcasm and aggression. You'd think that a small community such as this would be a bit more welcoming, but clearly not. If you continue to address newcomers like this, then you aren't going to get many people playing, nevermind donating and contributing to the cause.

RE: Progress? Population? - rajkosto - 09-05-2012

oh la dee daa
you came off exactly the same as the other 100+ people who came here, thought it was awesome, said they would help, then disappear 3 days later without a trace
excuuuuse us for not being excited
if you were really serious about helping, you would, like a professional, state what you CAN do, how much you WOULD do, etc
people who actually wanted to help before have taken self initiative and haven't been needy for attention and praise

Those other 100+ people probably said the same thing as me as a general courtesy, just like I did, and you took it as "OH, SOMEONE'S TRYING TO STEP UP TO MY PLATE. ALRIGHT KID LETS SEE WHAT YOU'VE GOT.", Gave them a heap of attitude like you did with me, and then three days later they pissed off because they noticed that your appauling attitude is a common trend with all of the posts you make in the Forums.

Because yeah, to be frank, I noticed that too. Was wondering whether or not you were just having a bad day and decided to take it out on me, but apparently this is the attitude you take with most people.

Just to clarify, not EVERYONE has to be a top-notch Programmer like yourself, Rajkosto. Helping can be anything from Programming to Graphical Design for an Interface, or even Art Concepts for fresh new content. Hell, even just spreading the word about these Forums and Mxoemu itself is helping, is it not?

Or hell, maybe you're THAT downtrodden on yourself that you feel the need to abuse every newcomer that comes along, either way, nothing justifies your initial response to my post. It was a basic "Hello! I'll do everything I can to help! nice to meet you all!" post, and you go and be a massive prick about it. No "Hello! Welcome!" Or "Nice to meet you!", just a straightout statement that translates in my head to "OH MY GOD, IM A POMPUS ASSHOLE THAT THINKS HE KNOWS EVERYTHING ABOUT PROGRAMMING, AND OF COURSE THIS NEWBIE SCRUB CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW MORE THAN I".

Wrong, kid. There's always someone, if not LOTS of people, that know more than you. Lose the attitude, because it's not helping your cause, and sure as hell isn't helping the MxO Community in terms of growth.

RE: Progress? Population? - rajkosto - 10-05-2012

Anyone who knows as much as me or more is doing it for MONEY, as I should be
The problem with all the people who "want to help" is that they never do.
And it's not just programming, i even had a thread asking for a BASIC WEB SITE DESIGN up for TWO MONTHS, and nothing came out of it, because everybody else is lazy and just wants the finished product, so I did it myself in a couple of days.
Anyone who is "eager" to help, generally DOES NOT HAVE ANY RELEVANT skills.
Also, spreading the word about it RIGHT NOW is doing nobody ANY FAVORS.
And here's what i know about you : you didn't read any FAQs or previous threads on the forums before jumping in and making a "OMG GUYS WHEN'S IT COMING OUT I WANNA HELP WHAT CAN I DO (BUT I HAVENT SAID WHAT I COULD DO)" that would probably just waste my time, so: fuck you buddy.

RE: Progress? Population? - Adouken - 10-05-2012

You're basing me purely on every other person that's come through here, which is ignorant as all hell.
I'm actually willing to help.
My main skill is Web Design and Art, Finished my qualifications in TAFE and during my last two years of High School. I also did a lengthly course in Visual Design, so i've got a lot of experience with Adobe Suites, as well as extensive experience with Sony Vegas Pro.
Spreading the Word about it DOES help, because I know a LOT of people currently in the IT Industry that could be a lot of help to this community, which i'll contact when I deem fit.
You don't know much about me then, because I DID read the FAQ and the answers to them were brief and quite lacking in detail.

And yeah, you would say "Fuck you buddy", because to be quite honest, you're ignorant like that and clearly have no people skills whatsoever, which has been proven over the duration of this post. There's that, and the fact that you clearly have nothing else left to put up a decent argument with my previous post.

As i said, i'm here to offer my help, point me in the right direction and it'll get done. Until then, give yourself an attitude check and start acting a bit more responsible. Someone with your rank and position should have their people skills a bit more...developed.