The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Welcome to TMOEMU - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Welcome to TMOEMU (/showthread.php?tid=1)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - MajTom - 17-12-2009

(17-12-2009, 02:36 AM)Villemar Wrote: Specific bugs and problems were secondary to the main problem, which the poster nails. SOE buried this game deep in the cold cold ground, locked it in a box and threw away the key. No resources no marketing no advertising no nothing. Fail.

very true, last year I saw new copies of EverQuest and City Of Heroes But NEVER saw a copy of MxO in any store..

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - Xtank - 17-12-2009

(17-12-2009, 02:36 AM)Villemar Wrote: Specific bugs and problems were secondary to the main problem, which the poster nails. SOE buried this game deep in the cold cold ground, locked it in a box and threw away the key. No resources no marketing no advertising no nothing. Fail.

and yet most of us have the contents of the box and if we come together we can make a key to open the box and show what's inside to everyoneBig Grin

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - FishyHat - 17-12-2009

I was never too fond of SOE, especially Smedley, that guy is a one trick pony who lost touch with the playerbase years ago.

If EQ Online Adventures is still supported then MXO should have stayed up as well, i managed to find an outdated chart on MMO population which shows MXO and EOA with the same size player base in mid 2006...i doubt EOA has had an upsurge in population since then.

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart3.html

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - mesosteros - 06-01-2010

At last I have found you!

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - Villemar - 06-01-2010

Xtank, from your lips to Babiejeebus' ears!

As far as SOE goes, I still shake my head at their WTF? business model. What happened to The Agency and DCUO? Not that I want those games to succeed, but one of the criticisms by the external gaming community of MxO very early on is that the game was promised in Fall of '04 then delayed until Jan 05 then pushed back to March '05. I find it ironic that especially DCUO was one of the main reasons (perhaps the only reason) that SOE took MxO in the 1st place, then proceeded to starve MxO to death...so they can reallocate resources for a game thats been in development for what...FIVE years now and still not in beta?

I went over to Station forums for lulz and Ashlanne has a poll up asking what Facebook games they play. Its a sad day when frikken ZYGNA is kicking SOE's asses! Maybe Zygna will buy the ip for MxO..."Mega City Wars"...lol how sad would that be? Really can't be much sadder than SOE's bungling of this and their other games. I'm still shaking my head in perplexity five months later.

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - MajTom - 06-01-2010

am starting to think SOE is there tax write off. "we lost money again with the SOE. oh darn tax write off..."

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - odj - 16-01-2010

I'm definitely keeping a eye on this place. Smile

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - Twaggy - 16-01-2010

(16-01-2010, 12:06 PM)odj Wrote: I'm definitely keeping a eye on this place. Smile

im keeping an eye on j00!

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - Vesuveus - 17-01-2010

(16-01-2010, 12:06 PM)odj Wrote: I'm definitely keeping a eye on this place. Smile

Welcome!

RE: Welcome to TMOEMU - Jack Pipsam - 17-01-2010

i am keeping a eye on YA MUM Tongue