The Matrix Online Server Emulator
downloading - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: downloading (/showthread.php?tid=1901)

Pages: 1 2

downloading - jhoppy28 - 03-01-2014

im having trouble downloading the game.i click the link and go through the steps but when the file with thee launcher comes up it wont start

RE: downloading - rajkosto - 04-01-2014

i dont get the question
the topic says downloading, but it seems that you have been able to successfully download both files ?
or do you mean the launcher installer msi file won't download, or start ? what does that mean ?

RE: downloading - jhoppy28 - 04-01-2014

(04-01-2014, 01:42 PM)rajkosto Wrote: i dont get the question
the topic says downloading, but it seems that you have been able to successfully download both files ?
or do you mean the launcher installer msi file won't download, or start ? what does that mean ?

the launcher file wont start after i download it.

RE: downloading - rajkosto - 05-01-2014

so it won't install ?
you double click on the .msi file and it just does nothing ? Or does it pop up an error or something ?

RE: downloading - jhoppy28 - 05-01-2014

(05-01-2014, 10:44 AM)rajkosto Wrote: so it won't install ?
you double click on the .msi file and it just does nothing ? Or does it pop up an error or something ?

every time i open it i get a message that says this file contained a virus and was deleted

RE: downloading - bitbomb - 05-01-2014

What antivirus software are you using? I haven't seen false positives with MxoEmuTestServer.msi or MatrixOnline.7z before.

RE: downloading - jhoppy28 - 05-01-2014

That's the thing I don't have any anti virus software on to delete files

RE: downloading - bitbomb - 06-01-2014

What browser are you using? Is it possible you are using Internet Explorer 8, 9, or 10? If so, this message may be a result of malware. Link below.

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/file-contained-a-virus-and-was-deleted-removal/

Edit: Also take a look at this: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/ie/en-US/c888dbaf-cd4a-40a2-a75a-6927c7d2844c/ie89-says-every-file-contained-a-file-and-was-deleted?forum=ieitprocurrentver

RE: downloading - jhoppy28 - 06-01-2014

I am using internet explorer and tried upgrading it to version 11 only my computer refuses to register that I'm upgrading it after I restart it

RE: downloading - Sixxth - 06-01-2014

SO, let me sum up.
-Launcher wont Open, your machine says it was a virus and deleted it
-You have no anti-virus software on your computer (seriously?...)
-Maybe its windows explorer infected with malware, but cant upgrade because...malware? who knows

Seems to me your next step is get an anti-virus and scan your machine. Lots of free scanners available. (Avast is one that some friends use and like, also Malwarebytes anti malware is popular).
I would recommend Hiren's boot CD, but it takes some PC chops and I dont know your skill level.

Alternative - Get a new machine, install some antivirus software, start EMU install all over.

Profit.