The Matrix Online Server Emulator
The Matrix Online - Rebooted - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Offtopic (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: The Matrix Online - Rebooted (/showthread.php?tid=2042)

The Matrix Online - Rebooted - BlueBlurChrome - 07-05-2015

The Matrix Online
Rebooted

During the MXO Live shut Down

The Matrix Online Shut Down Attempt Successful...
...Good Bye...
============
[After the MXO Live Shut Down]
Matrix Reboot started...
Initializing... The Matrix.
Initializing Character Data...
Hacker Name: Gabumon
Orginaztion: Machine Operative
Reconstructing Character Data.... Character Data Corrupted Memory was purged.
Using Secondary Memory Backup...
Backup Susccessful.
Character Reconstruction Successful.
Welcome back, Gabumon...

------------
I had came up with that idea as a way to come back after MXO Live was shut down once. So having a way for my Live Character to return, I came up with that little thing. Don't mind the name Gabumon it was a name I choosen back at live, I do not know why I took interest in using it, Just had.

I wanted to put it on my background within the game but could not. But decided to share it to others. What are your thoughts on how your character from live gets back in after the shut down?

RE: The Matrix Online - Rebooted - ID_Error - 08-05-2015

Thanks for sharing, Gabumon!

I was always fond of the idea of there being remote terminals hidden throughout the hundreds (thousands maybe?) of miles of underground around the Machine City. I imagine that my Cypherite immediately set out to find herself one after primary access to the Matrix was shut down by the evil SOE.

RE: The Matrix Online - Rebooted - BlueBlurChrome - 09-05-2015

(08-05-2015, 02:49 AM)ID_Error Wrote: Thanks for sharing, Gabumon!

I was always fond of the idea of there being remote terminals hidden throughout the hundreds (thousands maybe?) of miles of underground around the Machine City. I imagine that my Cypherite immediately set out to find herself one after primary access to the Matrix was shut down by the evil SOE.

Hehe yea, I was trying to mimic a Terminal like setting. That one came from the top of my head.

RE: The Matrix Online - Rebooted - Endonesia - 03-09-2015

It would be really cool to have some hidden terminals in the game where you could really run real linux commands that interacted with the outside world. E.g. walk up to a terminal with your character, log into it with your games login credentials (or harder to find credentials be completing missions), and then being able to ping google.com or something.

Obviously this would be kind of a real-life security issue kind, but i'd be cool to see some kind of sandboxed terminals accessible. It'd be cool if anyone could access the terminal with their game account logon, but to access root (or some kind of sandboxed root) you have to find the credentials somehow playing the game.

RE: The Matrix Online - Rebooted - pr0sper0 - 23-11-2017

In the Merovingian and his crew had managed to survive multiple iterations of the system why not us?