The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Downtown White Hallways - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Downtown White Hallways (/showthread.php?tid=2690)

Downtown White Hallways - pr0sper0 - 13-09-2020

Weird experience downtown today. I was jumping around and got to the highest level of a building which had doors. It was the kind of building with tall columns with buttresses at the top. Alas, I was just screwing around and didn’t keep track of which one it was.

Anyway, I got to the highest outside level with doors. Only one face of the structure had doors. When I moused over it, it referred to the white hallways. And when I clicked on it, I found myself at the central intersection in the white hallways!

I walked forward and turned left. Then I went to the end and turned left. Here I found a door which could be interacted with. This too referred to the white hallways. I clicked it and found myself in a downtown bookstore.

I don’t remember exactly which building it was, but it was near a diner, and there was a parking building nearby as well. I’ll poke around and see if I can get its coords.

Anyone else ever run into this?

RE: Downtown White Hallways - pr0sper0 - 13-09-2020

Here’s more detail to make it much easier for folks to check it out.

Go to Union Hill North hardline. There’s a Peg’s Diner at X:55 Y:19 Z:664. Immediately nearby there is a tall building with tall column buttresses. Inside there are 25 available floors.

You can easily jump to the first external deck. It has doors, but they only open to incomplete programmer placeholders. From this deck you can jump to the second external deck; this is a little tough to get right but definitely doable.

On this second external deck, there are two doors next to each other. The location is X:130 Y:223 Z:790. Mouse over each and you see the one on the right just says door, and opens to a placeholder. The one on the left, however, says “White Hallway Door” and can be used. (If you go through the righthand door into the placeholder space, you can emerge through the door on the left without invoking the while hallway teleport.)

Use the door, and you are teleported to X:-2079 Y:121 Z:1420 in the white hallways. Most of the doors don’t work, but there are few which do. I’ve only tried a few. One opens to a bookstore (with no external sign) in Lamar, another goes to another level of the while hallways, which itself has an exit. Another goes to a building floor with no working elevator and no external doors. However if you check every room you eventually find a phone with a green circle around it; use this phone and you are taken to the street.

I was surprised, and don’t remember hearing about this in the pre-shutdown period. But you might find this interesting. Maybe it’s a programming error, maybe it’s an Easter egg.

Anyone else come across this or anything like this?

RE: Downtown White Hallways - rajkosto - 14-09-2020

it worked a little differently in live, you would start some sort of mission with an inventory token, and it would point you to the bookstore/building/accessible "White hallway door", using it teleports you to the white hallways which were filled with commandos to fight, then you would have to guess which door leads further into the white hallways, if you pick the one that returns you, you have to fight the commandos all over again

RE: Downtown White Hallways - pr0sper0 - 15-09-2020

(14-09-2020, 11:40 PM)rajkosto Wrote: it worked a little differently in live, you would start some sort of mission with an inventory token, and it would point you to the bookstore/building/accessible "White hallway door", using it teleports you to the white hallways which were filled with commandos to fight, then you would have to guess which door leads further into the white hallways, if you pick the one that returns you, you have to fight the commandos all over again

Good times that I well remember. Some good loot! The doors in the white hallways all take you back to locales in downtown. One takes you to a simpler, different set of white hallways which have three out-points: one in Creston Heights, one in Maribeau, and one strange place: a building floor with no exit doors, no working elevator, and no stairs. The only way out is by finding a room with a green-circled hardline which delivers you to park East. Using &incX 5 or 10 places you in a void with nothing around you. This must have been intended as part of a story or something, because otherwise this building floor is like a pocket universe.

In live, the white hallways could be accessed by a door in one side of ther White Lotus Hotel, at -37 1 436. A collector, Agate, is immediately close to this and sold or traded stuff. The door still works, and leads to a different set of white hallways, at least at the first phase.