The Matrix Online Server Emulator
It's Almost Been 14 Long Years Ago in 2009... - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: It's Almost Been 14 Long Years Ago in 2009... (/showthread.php?tid=2963)

It's Almost Been 14 Long Years Ago in 2009... - RagingZee - 20-07-2023

Its been 14 long years since The Matrix Online shut down their servers for good such as Syntax, Recursion n' Vector-Hostile right on August the 1st, 2009 3:00 EST by John Smedley who was the former CEO of SOE when it was all over for me sadly.

I still see that the MxO emulator is still in progress after 13 half long years of hard working but I still can see it as the Titanic is still buried in rock bottom where you see nobody that its been deserted for a while. I had many friends when I first started playing it 6 days when I first preordered the game in the middle November of 2004 which was 4 months before the beta ended and it first opened its doors on March 22nd of 2005 onto Method/Regression which was one of the top playable ambitious online servers before SOE came right in and I was still having real fun with my old friends even after the beta version ended before the initial release.

I still miss my all of my good old friends whether their living or dying. But there is still hope since its been after all these years where we are in the year 2023 still missing the game just like with the fans like me really loved Star Wars Galaxies which was my first MMO game during Pre-CU and CU still existed before New Game Enhancements came out by Julio Torres in November 15th of 2005 and I really did not like the gameplay that I felt it was not the same with Pre-CU and so many people left for good. Peace and stay safe since COVID still exist in our society we live in. Here of some screenshots that I will post to remember what I loved and remember and here is a Thumbnail of the last screenshot of a wallpaper I worked on from all those years ago to say my last goodbye on July 31st which was the last day to prepare for the ending of the saga of MxO...
[Image: 3.jpg] [Image: 4.png] [Image: 5.png]t [Image: 6.png] [Image: 7.png] [Image: 8.png] [Image: 9.jpg] [Image: 10.png] [Image: 11.jpg] [Image: 12.jpg]

RE: It's Almost Been 14 Long Years Ago in 2009... - rajkosto - 22-07-2023

[Image: mysillycomics-yea.gif]

thanks for the screenshots, theres actually very little media of this game online
those of us left are on the discord occasionally, can join it and reminisce there

RE: It's Almost Been 14 Long Years Ago in 2009... - Arceus - 25-08-2023

It really is sad to see good old projects like this be abandoned. Honestly, I never played the official release of MXO but I heard about it from friends. Much like you mention above SWG has some emulator servers running, so after stumbling across this game again in the clearance bin of the Internet Archive, I decided to try looking for an emulator server of this game as well. It's unfortunate that there are no players online anymore, at least SWG has a few faithful souls AFKing lol. Still waiting for install of MXO, but thanks for keeping this nostalgic gem on life support ♥

RE: It's Almost Been 14 Long Years Ago in 2009... - Bookwyrm Pageturner - 20-09-2023

(25-08-2023, 02:46 PM)Arceus Wrote: It really is sad to see good old projects like this be abandoned. Honestly, I never played the official release of MXO but I heard about it from friends. Much like you mention above SWG has some emulator servers running, so after stumbling across this game again in the clearance bin of the Internet Archive, I decided to try looking for an emulator server of this game as well. It's unfortunate that there are no players online anymore, at least SWG has a few faithful souls AFKing lol. Still waiting for install of MXO, but thanks for keeping this nostalgic gem on life support ♥

There were quite a few players online during the Resurrections hype, as you can see in the "2 Bit Players" Let's Play videos that were posted around that time; if some other thing happens with the franchise or etc., there'll probably be increased presence again.

RE: It's Almost Been 14 Long Years Ago in 2009... - rajkosto - 21-09-2023

huh they managed to do something in that video... but then its abruptly cut off once they got some clothes for some reason

RE: It's Almost Been 14 Long Years Ago in 2009... - Bookwyrm Pageturner - 21-09-2023

Looked like they had some kinda gimmick/idk going on where they'd only go for 10(?) minutes and then "have to" end the video once the time runs out - they did 2 MxO ones along with the other 3 Mx games and did the same thing in those as well;
haven't checked their other stuff as of now, but probably same format across all their content. Maybe they've got like some kinda exclusive premium content with longer versions somewhere? Idk

They had a rather fun dynamic going on, so might check out some more of their stuff at some point