The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Sudden Login Error with MxO stand alone client - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Sudden Login Error with MxO stand alone client (/showthread.php?tid=446)

Sudden Login Error with MxO stand alone client - jcool8016 - 01-04-2010

Recently when I've tried to boot up mxoemu, after everything has seemingly loaded successfully on the loading screen a Login Error comes up saying: "Unexpectedly lost connection to margin server. Shutting down."

[attachment=121]

This has never happened before and I have no idea whats wrong, or where to even begin looking.
I have used both the Reality.exe and RealityMood.exe with the matrix2.bat, and both combinations have the same issue.

Any ideas?

RE: Sudden Login Error with MxO stand alone client - phi - 01-04-2010

Margin server errors are usually caused by the margin server suffix being incorrect in your useropts.cfg or a local DNS problem

The first 3 lnes of your useropts.cfg should be (if you're running local host reality and SQL server):
AuthServerDNSName = "localhost"
MarginServerDNSSuffix = ".local.mxoemu.info"
UseLaunchPad=0

RE: Sudden Login Error with MxO stand alone client - jcool8016 - 01-04-2010

I just double checked that and it was the way it should be. It said all of those things, and it still isn't working. Its bizarre though because it was working the last time I used it which was only a few days ago.... Undecided

RE: Sudden Login Error with MxO stand alone client - QuiDormit - 01-04-2010

Are you using AppServ or MySQL to run the reality database?

RE: Sudden Login Error with MxO stand alone client - HD_Morpheus - 01-04-2010

Forgive em.
Forget it.

[Image: loginerror.th.jpg]

Stop p2p-ing.
Then do MXO.

Some mystical thing attracted utorrent to use the same port as margin server... *sigh*

RE: Sudden Login Error with MxO stand alone client - jcool8016 - 01-04-2010

Ohhhhhhhh.....gotcha. I was running utorrent when I did it. Totally fixed the problem, thanks dude!

As a side note: Ironically,I was using the p2p to get some of the Matrix scores from the soundtracks. Lol