The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) (/showthread.php?tid=552)

Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) - HD_Morpheus - 29-10-2010

Check it out Wink

http://kotaku.com/5674721/when-an-mmo-dies

RE: Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) - Sixxth - 29-10-2010

(29-10-2010, 10:47 AM)HD_Morpheus Wrote: Check it out Wink

http://kotaku.com/5674721/when-an-mmo-dies

Interesting article, thanks for posting!

RE: Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) - cubehouse - 29-10-2010

Read the article yesterday, it reminded me of my memories of MxO and made me think to check up on the emulator projects that were underway.

Very glad I did, looking forward to see future progress! Hoping I can one day find time to help out too. Such brilliant work so far on getting the basics done.

RE: Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) - Rxu - 29-10-2010

That was a good read, i particularly enjoyed when Walrus says:

"There are still days that I wish I could log in and see the Megacity again. I don't know that will ever completely stop. I kind of hope it doesn't."

As we all know it is against the rules, but maybe he can throw us a bone somehow..maybe he's already a member here and is just waiting for the right time to step in and offer some insight as an anonymous but experienced contributor of this project.

RE: Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) - Sixxth - 29-10-2010

(29-10-2010, 03:30 PM)Rxu Wrote: As we all know it is against the rules, but maybe he can throw us a bone somehow..maybe he's already a member here and is just waiting for the right time to step in and offer some insight as an anonymous but experienced contributor of this project.

<. <.

.> .>

hmm....

RE: Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) - Vesuveus - 29-10-2010

I'm back in the anger stage...

RE: Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) - QuiDormit - 29-10-2010

He won't.

RE: Closed MMOs article (includes MXO and Walrus interview) - Metalogic - 01-11-2010

I don't know what stage I'm at *laughs* I've accepted that SOE has closed down MxO, but I still hold a grudge against SOE and Walrus.