The Matrix Online Server Emulator
Any Help? Hmm This is crazyy shizle - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: MxO General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Any Help? Hmm This is crazyy shizle (/showthread.php?tid=743)

Any Help? Hmm This is crazyy shizle - trifire - 26-04-2011

Hi all, i think this is amazing as a former mxo player i used to love pretty much everything about the game and after getting involved in other mmorpg's i still feel to this day that matrix online had the best community going and am really confused as to why it actually all shut down, i played for about a year and a half and stopped just after the assassin event.

so what actually happend to the matrix onilne?

the other thing that i wanted to find out about is well if any of the admins would need any help as a former game developer i know a fair amount but just wanted to know if there is anything i could do to help in the progression of this server as i am amazed to see this all going on as it is something i have been searching for quite some time Smile

Thanks Trifire

RE: Any Help? Hmm This is crazyy shizle - QuiDormit - 26-04-2011

It shut down because Monolith handed the game over to SOE, and SOE let it stagnate. Actually, they had no intention of keeping the game alive once they inherited it and realized the astronomical costs of the Intellectual Property.

You'll see a lot of opinions if you look around the forums, but honestly, it's all conjecture. We don't know why it got shut down. No one ever officially said anything. I can tell you though, that it was almost definitely due to a poor subscriber base compared to the money it cost to run it.

I'm sure SOE never fell in the red on MxO, but I bet as soon as they got close, they pulled the plug to prevent losses.

Oh, and welcome!

RE: Any Help? Hmm This is crazyy shizle - Sixxth - 26-04-2011

(26-04-2011, 11:17 AM)trifire Wrote: Hi all, i think this is amazing as a former mxo player i used to love pretty much everything about the game and after getting involved in other mmorpg's i still feel to this day that matrix online had the best community going and am really confused as to why it actually all shut down, i played for about a year and a half and stopped just after the assassin event.

so what actually happend to the matrix onilne?

So, no offense is meant by this but its interesting to me that I see all the time where people will say "woah, why did MxO shut down, it was the awesome?!?! I played it for about 5 months, and then stopped, but it was awesome! Why did it shut down!?!?" Everyone always had their reasons why they stopped playing (money, life changing event, etc etc), but the bottom line is - if the game was awesome, (which we all think is true, no argument)...then why stop playing?

I really mean it when I say this isnt aimed at you...but It shut down because people stopped playing and SOE didnt want to throw money at it any longer.

RE: Any Help? Hmm This is crazyy shizle - trifire - 27-04-2011

lol yeah i have seen it before pleanty of people say it but my reasons were because i got a new job and didnt have the time etc lots of reasons, just unfortunate that now i have time its all been shut down :L hmmm when it says "auth servers unavailable i assume it means server is down?