The Matrix Online Server Emulator
So Whats up? - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: General (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: So Whats up? (/showthread.php?tid=828)

So Whats up? - chec13 - 03-09-2011

Their are a few things I would like to ask in this topic. But first I will say a little about myself. I am chec13 as you can see, I never had the chance to play the original matrix online. I had always followed it off an on, but got interested in another mmo. I remember the sad day that The Matrix Online shut down, and regretted that I never played it.

I would like to help anyway I can to get this game up again, I've been playing (or rather running) on the test server for a few days. I am not sure what I can do, I just started college and am going for a technology degree specializing in programming, server management, and computer maintenance. But like I said, I just started. I should be getting into programming next semester however.

Now I have a few questions and the first one is very important.
Is this project still being worked on? I understand that these things probably take a lot of time and give a lot of stress, and the only reason I ask is because Its been nearly 9 months with no update.
How many people are currently working on this project? Just curious.
Then finally, the last question. If you guys needed any help with decryption, what field of expertise would most likely give me the knowledge? Even though I know it may not be a strong possibility of me helping for reasons such as distance, I would still like to know the answer if it is no problem for you to answer.

This message is more for introducing myself to this community, and trying to get this great game back up anyway I can. If anyone wants to hang out on the server, just message me with a time.

I would also like to say that I am sorry if I offended anyone. I do not know much that goes into decrypting a game that is already made, and so my ignorance may have gotten the best of me. I look forward to seeing more people in game.

RE: So Whats up? - rajkosto - 03-09-2011

9 months with no update shows that you havent been following the forums
your statement about decryption too

RE: So Whats up? - TheKid - 03-09-2011

(03-09-2011, 12:03 AM)chec13 Wrote: Their are a few things I would like to ask in this topic. But first I will say a little about myself. I am chec13 as you can see, I never had the chance to play the original matrix online. I had always followed it off an on, but got interested in another mmo. I remember the sad day that The Matrix Online shut down, and regretted that I never played it.

I would like to help anyway I can to get this game up again, I've been playing (or rather running) on the test server for a few days. I am not sure what I can do, I just started college and am going for a technology degree specializing in programming, server management, and computer maintenance. But like I said, I just started. I should be getting into programming next semester however.

Now I have a few questions and the first one is very important.
Is this project still being worked on? I understand that these things probably take a lot of time and give a lot of stress, and the only reason I ask is because Its been nearly 9 months with no update.
How many people are currently working on this project? Just curious.
Then finally, the last question. If you guys needed any help with decryption, what field of expertise would most likely give me the knowledge? Even though I know it may not be a strong possibility of me helping for reasons such as distance, I would still like to know the answer if it is no problem for you to answer.

This message is more for introducing myself to this community, and trying to get this great game back up anyway I can. If anyone wants to hang out on the server, just message me with a time.

I would also like to say that I am sorry if I offended anyone. I do not know much that goes into decrypting a game that is already made, and so my ignorance may have gotten the best of me. I look forward to seeing more people in game.

Welcome, sorry to hear that you never got to play mxo, this project is still being worked on by rajkosto, its good to hear you know things about programming and things, I guess you could ask rajkosto if he needs any help although he seems to have it all under control, heres the FAQ's they might help you understand a little more http://mxoemu.info/forum/thread-581.html look forward to seeing you in the game two! Smile

RE: So Whats up? - chec13 - 03-09-2011

(03-09-2011, 09:07 AM)rajkosto Wrote: 9 months with no update shows that you havent been following the forums
your statement about decryption too
Sorry if I offended you, but I meant that I was following the original matrix online. I haven't really known about this project until now. I just looked at the last date from your update. Like I said before, I apologize for my ignorance. But thank you for telling me that you do have updates on here.
Could you please tell me what you mean about my statement on decryptions?

RE: So Whats up? - rajkosto - 04-09-2011

all the encryption has been known since aug 2009

RE: So Whats up? - Static - 04-09-2011

@check13 : look through the development section of the forum and read up on most threads that are posted there, you will get an idea of the current status of development/features etc. Long story short: there are 3 known projects going on : mxoemu.info, mxo source (http://www.mxosource.com/forum) and hardline dreams (http://mxo.hardlinedreams.com). This project has the most activity as far as I am aware.

I recommend reading the faq first. Then you should go to other different forums and do a little research to bring yourself up to speed.

There are always new people that come in and ask questions, saying that they will come and offer help, only to disappear later. From my experience, most people will not give you the answers but rather tell you to find the information yourself. <2cents>Feel free to ask, but don't expect people to spoon feed you. The more questions you ask the less time the programmers have to actually get things done.</2cents>

You can always help out this project by donating, the donations can pay for the server hosting, and the traffic for downloading game client, updates etc.

RE: So Whats up? - chec13 - 05-09-2011

Well I donated, can't afford much (especially since I started college a week ago), but I will give when I can. Hopefully I can help you guys out with the project later down the road if you need help. I understand if your full though. I guess I will spend the next few days reviewing the forums to bring myself up to speed. I appreciate the information from all of you. One more thing though, and this isn't directed at anyone particular, Where are you usually in the game and at what time? Just asking cause it gets kind of lonely in game if you don't know where all the best places are.

RE: So Whats up? - QuiDormit - 05-09-2011

No one comes in the game because there's nothing to do yet.