The Matrix Online Server Emulator
How imported mxo assets ? - Printable Version

+- The Matrix Online Server Emulator (//mxoemu.info/forum)
+-- Forum: The Matrix Online (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: The MxO Client (//mxoemu.info/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=7)
+--- Thread: How imported mxo assets ? (/showthread.php?tid=948)

Pages: 1 2 3

How imported mxo assets ? - rajkosto - 06-04-2012

only developer screenshot of worldeditor tool:
[Image: pod.png]
MY podracer runs on eucalyptus:
[Image: 9uq9kx.png]
^ shows imported .prop file into 3dsmax, from mxo client resource files using my converter

http://mxoemu.info/prop2fbx.zip
Please use a development rezmap so that it can assign dds versions of textures to materials, otherwise you will only get rezid as material name
batch convert all txa 2 dds using a shell script or something( find ./ -name '*.txa' -exec txa2dds.exe {} \; ), for easy viewing of models
Models might be mirrored around one of their axes, i don't know why, don't have time to figure it out now

Changelog:
Version 0.2 16.4.2012.
- Fixed some pathing issues when trying to find the rezmap
- Debug visual c++ runtimes no longer necessary

RE: How imported mxo assets ? - Sixxth - 06-04-2012

Those are pretty cool. Were they posted on the old MxO forums?

RE: How imported mxo assets ? - rajkosto - 06-04-2012

The original screenshot at the top was.
The whole point of the thread was that i was able to 100% parse the .prop file format, and successfully import one into 3dsmax for viewing/editing

RE: How imported mxo assets ? - Aquilae - 06-04-2012

Ohh sounds fun. Definitely something I'm interested in exploring.

Are you in theory able to edit the model and able to import it back in or is there problems with that besides obvious texture problems?

There are no texture problems, if i converted the txa to some 3dsmax readable format (easily doable), and applied it to the meshes, they would show up properly, i just didn't bother.
The main problem is that we still don't know the structure of rezmap.ltb, so, when we export the .prop file back, it would have to be the exact same size as the old one, and we would have to copy paste it into the packmap file from which it was.
We need understanding of rezmap.ltb, and to be able to regenerate it from raw files and text listing of files, forming packmaps and a rezmap.ltb

RE: How imported mxo assets ? - Sixxth - 06-04-2012

(06-04-2012, 02:16 PM)rajkosto Wrote: ....
The whole point of the thread was that i was able to 100% parse the .prop file format, and successfully import one into 3dsmax for viewing/editing

All hail the king baby

RE: How imported mxo assets ? - redpillar - 06-04-2012

is there any possibilities for you, rajkosto, to share your 3D converter tool, please? thanks.

currently it just converts to WRL, which is the easiest text format i could find
i'd need to get it to export to lwo or something, something where 3dsmax can import normals and UV from
they are correct in the WRL file, just 3dsmax doesnt use them, which is a shame

also its .prop ONLY, no moa or mga (animated items) or eprf/iprf (world geometry)

RE: How imported mxo assets ? - redpillar - 07-04-2012

i respect your work. meanwhile you wish to unlock moa or such, we can mess with prop. as i wrote, i just would like to try your wonderful tool if it was possible. thanks for your availability.

RE: How imported mxo assets ? - rajkosto - 07-04-2012

ill release it when it's usable